Corsair *new* VX/TX series build quality issues

OP
M

mrcool63

Journeyman
he did. he tells us that the TX are mid range models or somewhat to that extent and such mods are apt in the life of a PSU.

check out Corsairguy's comments on OC. he is redbeard from hardocp and jonnyguru.

P.S im just keeping u guys updated so that u can distinguish good great and mediocre psu's... dont take this thread personally. its just news from a credible source...:D

This is not the first time

the cx430 was their first blunder.. it was fit to be called cx360w...:D
the next was with their XMS2 ddr2 rams. several people noticed cheap elpida chips instead of micron chips in their XMS2.. switched covertly...;)

so my concerns are not baseless u see...

BTW i have 4gb ddr3 XMS3 ram in my sys before u go bombing me..:)

Last edited:

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
thats really a good thing Corsair guyz has done by making direct contact with consumers. and clearing their every doubt about this change..

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Overclock.net is a huge forum and people from all over the world are there. Almost any company rep makes an official response over there if there's anything wrong. Companies of all people know ;), people usually cook up conspiracy theories with catchy in other forums/blogs for the fun of it unless an official response is put up.

They accepted their mistake :). But they should give it out samples to review just so that this can be put behind if the claims are for real.

OP
M

mrcool63

Journeyman
so it was a mistake then....:D

for 6.7k u would expect something very good. wouldn't u? u can get a seasonic s12ii 620w for 5.4k. what is the point of having such inflated prices when its functioning is not upto the mark....

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
for 6.7k u would expect something very good. wouldn't u? u can get a seasonic s12ii 620w for 5.4k. what is the point of having such inflated prices when its functioning is not upto the mark....
If you are talking about 'performance' by the word 'functioning', then these new PSUs are reliable and perform nearly the same but are cheaper to produce. It's the build quality which has got lower. Please stop kneejerking as it leads to unnecessary FUD. Secondly, a price of a product is decided by a number of factors not the company alone.

vwad

In the zone
If you are talking about 'performance' by the word 'functioning', then these new PSUs are reliable and perform nearly the same but are cheaper to produce. It's the build quality which has got lower. Please stop kneejerking as it leads to unnecessary FUD. Secondly, a price of a product is decided by a number of factors not the company alone.

Very well said. :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

maybe the cost cutting measures making the Corsair PSU suddenly as affordable as the CM Extreme PSUs. the sudden price drops were a good hint, Corsair did something.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Found this on the box, will this do?
*img808.imageshack.us/img808/826/photo0129y.th.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
This was on the PSU itself, took it without detaching the unit, please don't mind my shaky hands.
*img695.imageshack.us/img695/7384/photo0132a.th.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is the older one according to the thread started by the Corsair rep in Overclock.net. :)

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
@ ico off topic: requesting you to update Hardware spec sheet/price update as

Last edited by ico; 24-11-2010 at 12:48 AM.

should i stop buying vx 550w and go for Seasonic Bronze S12II 520W?

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Ignore the post contents. The embedded spreadsheet is up-to-date.

You can go ahead with Seasonic S12II Bronze 520w if you have any doubts concerning Corsair VX550.

vwad

In the zone
@ ico off topic: requesting you to update Hardware spec sheet/price update as

Last edited by ico; 24-11-2010 at 12:48 AM.

should i stop buying vx 550w and go for Seasonic Bronze S12II 520W?

Indeed. Because I think Corsair used to use Seasonic Parts only, dont know exactly which ones but yes, inside their PSUs. :) I remember reading this over here only.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Indeed. Because I think Corsair used to use Seasonic Parts only, dont know exactly which ones but yes, inside their PSUs. :) I remember reading this over here only.

Seasonic makes Corsair PSU as ordered by Corsair. so if Corsair want the price to be low, than Seasonic have to use low grade parts & these affect the overall PSU.

S_V

In the zone
@ithehappy
you don't have to worry ,yours is first batch and they did have goodies ,,inside your PSU.

Even if it is second batch,still I say corsair is trust able.. It's just our mind sometimes confuses too much...

Top Bottom