Cooling Pad for Laptop

.jRay.

Youngling
I have a Lenovo Z580 and when i game on it it gets pretty hot because of the metal body and i'm looking forward to buy a new laptop cooling pad..

I have a budget of around 1.6K-1.7K

and the areas that get particularly hot are these

*dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/20140604_203056.jpg?_subject_uid=95092920&w=AABWVWiQ_FjN4amGksJPEV21gEIMinumF3ut12lrATevbQ

I'm considering this one

Deepcool Multi Core X6 - Deepcool: Flipkart.com

Reviews on FK seem good and i also checked some other reviews which also say it is good.
Should i go for it?
Also if you have any other suggestion please go ahead and tell me. Will buy it this week.

OP
.jRay.

.jRay.

Youngling
Should i go for it?

Also it is not available on flipkart anymore for 1.6k, the price is now 2k.

The seller on snapdeal has 4.9/5 rating should i buy it from there?

Hrishi

For that money you can build yourself an extremely powerful DIY cooler which is way more effective than any of these coolers.
Trust me , they will not make significant difference other than providing a platform.
If you need serious cooling you have to rely on DIY .

OP
.jRay.

.jRay.

Youngling
For that money you can build yourself an extremely powerful DIY cooler which is way more effective than any of these coolers.
Trust me , they will not make significant difference other than providing a platform.

I tried once but failed miserably. The fan was an old fan from my desktop and when i connected things it didn't work at all. So I'm gonna buy one for now.

OP
.jRay.

.jRay.

Youngling
[MENTION=140405]Hrishi[/MENTION]

How do i build one before f'in up again? ;)
[MENTION=139494]powerhoney[/MENTION]

Got it, thanks

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl

Wrong perception. I have multicore X8, it provides me enough cooling, very similar to X6. I have mentioned this earlier, there are a lot of variables which works with a laptop cooling pad regarding efficiency. In India, most goes against it, but that does not mean, coolermaster, deepcool are bunch of fools to releases products which do nothing. I'm using X8 for more than a year and it has provided me 5-10 Deg differences in load.

DIY is another story, it is basically a concept where one takes the fan size, speed and control absolutely customized. Which is nothing but fitting a bigger, faster fan underneath a laptop OR directly channelizing thermodynamically and actively cooled air inside the laptop.

Pros- Cooler temp, definitely.

Cons-- You have to build one, wont be as portable as an off the shelf product, wont be as robustly built.

You make a DIY cooler with the same fans , same RPM same mechanism with the same price and show me the temperature difference you get with a market unit. Trust me it will never be cooler because it has been done to death and the same parameters will work with it as well.

OP
.jRay.

.jRay.

Youngling
Wrong perception. I have multicore X8, it provides me enough cooling, very similar to X6. I have mentioned this earlier, there are a lot of variables which works with a laptop cooling pad regarding efficiency. In India, most goes against it, but that does not mean, coolermaster, deepcool are bunch of fools to releases products which do nothing. I'm using X8 for more than a year and it has provided me 5-10 Deg differences in load.

DIY is another story, it is basically a concept where one takes the fan size, speed and control absolutely customized. Which is nothing but fitting a bigger, faster fan underneath a laptop OR directly channelizing thermodynamically and actively cooled air inside the laptop.

Pros- Cooler temp, definitely.

Cons-- You have to build one, wont be as portable as an off the shelf product, wont be as robustly built.

You make a DIY cooler with the same fans , same RPM same mechanism with the same price and show me the temperature difference you get with a market unit. Trust me it will never be cooler because it has been done to death and the same parameters will work with it as well.

So ultimately is it worth 1.6-1.7k ?

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
+1 to this...
I would like to see the so-called 10 degree reduction in temperature!!! :-D Even an AC can't provide that much cooling...
Lol!!!
an AC will certainly atleast reduce 10 degrees, depends on how the PC is kept and airflow ways.

wonder if small compressors are available :rolleyes:
I would have tried making a small AC :hyper:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
10° from cooler ? Seems far from possible. Plus once the laptop starts heating, it spreads everywhere, but the cooling doesn't kicks in everywhere. The whole body just feels hot.
[MENTION=137438].jRay.[/MENTION] - A cooler most probably won't have any effect on metal body temp until the ambience temp is good enough.

Top Bottom