Cooling Fans Help!

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
My System Config is in my signature.

Motherboard has only 2 spots for connecting Cooling Fans.

1. CPU - Occupied.
2. System - Occupied with a Cheap ass Noisy Fan.

Now There are no spots left to connect fan to mobo. VX450 still has plenty of open connectors but they are different that the Pins coming with Fans.

I can add a couple of more fans to this case so is there any solution?

And please suggest some low noise fans (Budget is no worry).

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
AFAIK, all case fans comes with a 3-pin to 4-pin molex connector for connecting with the SMPS directly. At least CoolerMaster ones come.

scudmissile007

Confusingly Confused!
^ no they don't, coolermaster case fans value pack doesn't come with 3/2 pin to molex converter,maybe led fans comes with them but if you search at a descent computer shop you can get it.

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Can you give me Links of the CM Fans that fit directly to Molex? Cooling is severely crippled on my machine as only 1 System Pull Fan is there is entire rig.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
@Tech_Wiz, if low noise is what u are looking for & money is not a constraint, Noctua fans are made for you...

OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Umm isnt V6GT a CPU Cooler? I want Case Fans.

Any other suggestions than Noctua? They are good but It will be better if I can get a cheaper alternative. If they are not decent enough then I will buy Noctua

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
buy CM fans...R4's to be exact...dont go for the VALUE packs...they are named that for a reason...a single pack should be your choice...

Last edited:
OP
T

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Not Creating a separate thread for small query.

I have reset all the OC to default setts as the OC is not right now required for things I am running

I undervolted the CPU from 1.4 to 1.3 and Temps in Idle came down by 4 Deg to 39 & Full Load are stabilizing near 65. I think these are OK temp.

Only Concern is AMD CPU fan when in full swing getting a wee bit noisy for my taste.

Any alternatives? Requirement is it should be quiet and when I require OC it should be able to keep it cool for 3.8 to 4 GHz.

Also How far I can under volt this CPU for getting further temp drops? Will it help?

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
Not Creating a separate thread for small query.

I have reset all the OC to default setts as the OC is not right now required for things I am running

I undervolted the CPU from 1.4 to 1.3 and Temps in Idle came down by 4 Deg to 39 & Full Load are stabilizing near 65. I think these are OK temp.

Only Concern is AMD CPU fan when in full swing getting a wee bit noisy for my taste.

Any alternatives? Requirement is it should be quiet and when I require OC it should be able to keep it cool for 3.8 to 4 GHz.

Also How far I can under volt this CPU for getting further temp drops? Will it help?

i think u better get a TX3 for 1.2K

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^nope TX3 will be just waste of money when compared to hyper 212+ which is just 0.6K more.so tech wiz buy 212 and about undervolting lower the volt in installments see at which volt you will be able to run your system stable.i myself using the processor at 1.225 volt which is 0.175 volt less than the stock.at 1.4V my stock cooler can't keep this thing below 70C at all.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
^^nope TX3 will be just waste of money when compared to hyper 212+ which is just 0.6K more.so tech wiz buy 212 and about undervolting lower the volt in installments see at which volt you will be able to run your system stable.i myself using the processor at 1.225 volt which is 0.175 volt less than the stock.at 1.4V my stock cooler can't keep this thing below 70C at all.

is 212 available currently

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
TX3 is the most vfm cooler if ur not into OC btw Hyper212+ has 120mm fan & 4heatpipes over 92mm fan & 3 hp in TX3

Top Bottom