Cooler master Hyper 212 plus

OP
R

rahulmax

Broken In
Lol i bought 212+ for 1900 from smc on 12th oct at nehru place. :p

^^ My god thats costly!!!! :O

the evo that i bought was available for 1950-2000 at nehru place but I could not have saved 100-150 bucks in any case cause nehru place market is around 35km from where i live , so i would have burned more than 100 bucks of fuel by going there and coming back :p so, it was a good price for me :)

OP
R

rahulmax

Broken In
i bought 2x 212+ HSF for 1350/- each...

omg!! 1350? even in nehru place in delhi 212+ is about 1850-1900

i have 212 evo which is about 100-200 bucks over plus. i Don't think there would be so much of a price difference between indore and delhi.

where did you get it from?

OP
R

rahulmax

Broken In
CM Hyper TX3 is only that cheap - Here in Kolkata a Hyper 212+ costs ~2.1k.

Yeah that must be the case, also it resembles hyper 212 plus, may be he got confused. tx3 is available for 1300 in delhi, 212 plus is about 1900 and evo is 2000.

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
BTW, I've couple of questions :

are using stock volts @ ~3.6 Ghz ? What mobo do you have ? What apps you are using for cpu load test ?

Usually Yes but I vary it by 0.01 value if necessary. Besides, black edition cpus are made to be overclocked by just changing the multiplier rather than core voltage. Not that it is efficient but obviously less tedious.
With small variations in frequencies like these, i dont believe a exclusive load test is in order. So instead i just Alt-Tab in between of a heavy game to check the temperatures.
The cooler is put on hold cause i am very poor and sick and hungry and any donations made towards me and my family are heartly welcomed. (financial problems in short.)
:)
Motherboard is Asus M4A785TD-Vevo. PSU is seasonic S12II 520W.
The temp you are getting are beautiful, esp at such high frequencies. But, may I ask, how better is your cpu performing at 4.0 as compared to the stock?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Thanks for the infos ... BE cpus are meant for OC using Multiplier but at High frequencies it requires more volts to remain stable - So far I'm only managed to run Cinebench 11.5 on it and the performance has really Improved compared to stock - for games and other benchmarks stay tuned ;-)

d!Abl()

Right off the assembly line
Guys I want to know if this will work with my C2D e6550. Its LGA 775 socket. I saw the official site. It says it works with
"LGA 2011 / 1366 / 1156 / 1155 / 775 *"

I noted the * mark on 775. Seems to me something like conditions apply :twisted:

But I could not find any of them :mrgreen:

Has anyone used it for LGA775?

$$Lionking$$

In the zone
go to smcinternational or (smcinternational.in)... not used it with LGA775... but i have no reason to believe why it shud not work with that 775... njoi! :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guys I want to know if this will work with my C2D e6550. Its LGA 775 socket. I saw the official site. It says it works with
"LGA 2011 / 1366 / 1156 / 1155 / 775 *"

I noted the * mark on 775. Seems to me something like conditions apply :twisted:

But I could not find any of them :mrgreen:

Has anyone used it for LGA775?

On Hyper 212 Plus spec page there's no asterisk mark beside 775 - it's only on Hyper 212 Evo's spec page and it reads like this :

* Supplied accessories may differ by country or area. Please check with your local distributor for further details.

but many people are using Evo with cpus like e8400/e7500 which are LGA775 socket based cpus - so evo should work for you as well.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
EVO's bottom Plate which mates with CPU has no gaps like 212+ hence better Heat transfer also fan is different & better.
Physical Dimensions are THE same.

sabchat

Broken In
The ivy bridge processors are out and I will probably go for the 3770 which according to many is far hotter than the 2600k. SO will the hyper 212 evo be enough for it? Also I may be going for the hd 6750 or 7750 graphics with a 2 TB hard disk. Also 16gb 1600corsair vengeance ram. What say?

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I think you better grab a core i7 2600k and a hyper 212 Evo - there's no point in going for much hotter IB cpu.

Top Bottom