Cooler master Hyper 212 plus

rahulmax

Broken In
hello guys, i live in india (new delhi) and i can't seem to find this cooler anywhere in delhi. If someone knows where in delhi can i buy this cpu cooler, i'd really appreciate it and also tell me the latest price of it!

I too looking to buy Hyper 212 but Evo not plus.
You can contact SMC International, Nehru Place.They have this cooler.
Price is around 2k.

SMC International Ebay : Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO With Bill & Warranty | eBay

You should also go for EVO :)

OP
R

rahulmax

Broken In
I too looking to buy Hyper 212 but Evo not plus.
You can contact SMC International, Nehru Place.They have this cooler.
Price is around 2k.

SMC International Ebay : Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO With Bill & Warranty | eBay

You should also go for EVO :)

Thanx bro.. i'll definitely go for the evo, i was going for the plus because of its price, i thought evo would be around 2800-3000 compared to plus which i thought was arnd 2k. Now the evo is around 2k so i'll definitely go for the evo, hope i'll find it soon :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
But 212 Evo is superior compared to plus AFAIK - so Op should stick with Evo ;-)

surya_neo

Broken In
hmm..I know...btw I also bought CM Hyper Evo and looking for a push/pull config...appreciate some help on the 2nd fan to buy..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
you can buy any any 120mm CM fan available on the market - LED ones will cost you some ~450 bucks and the non LEd ones are around ~ 250 bucks - you can also opt for CM Blade Master 120mm fan though it's non LEd and costs around 500 bucks it's a 2000RPM pwm fan ;-)

Tarun

In the zone
go for a 212 evo it perform abit better then the 212+ and there is less tension for the TIM to get into the spaces between the heatpipe which happens in 212+ :p

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
Hey, sorry if it feels like i'm stealing the thread, but i'v got a really quick question.
Ok so between the Coolermaster's 2 coolers, which 1 will be better Hyper 212 evo or Hyper 632 PWM?
Also is the later 1 available in India yet?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I think you are talking about Hyper 612 PWM which is a tad better than Hyper 212 Evo but 1c temp difference is not really that much IMO ;-)

*www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Cooler-Master-Hyper-212-EVO-CPU-Cooler-Review/1407/6

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
Yea, the same.
Besides, hardware secrets gave 212 a must buy recommendation for year 2011. Also, that website carries 2-3 deg error margin, so such small difference is insignificant. 212 it is.
Thanks.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ what cpu do you have and if you are suing the stock cooler what's the load temp ??

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
Its Phenom 955 BE.
Temperature's around 42 idle and 48-something at load.
I use Speedfan 4.40, so not sure the readings are good enough. Also, frequently I swing around 3.4 - 3.6 khz frequencies as per my needs.
Anyhoo, its not the temperature I am worried about, its the ear-splitting noise.
I guess lot off 955 users have that problem.
Will buy 212 evo in just couple of days.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ those are really nice temps you are getting with a stock HSF and the speedfan readings looks Ok to me but for better and silent cooling getting Hyper 212 makes sense and it will also allow you to OC the cpu.

BTW, I've couple of questions :

are using stock volts @ ~3.6 Ghz ? What mobo do you have ? What apps you are using for cpu load test ?

Even I've 955BE cooled down by Hyper 212 ;-) - it's running @ ~4 Ghz with 1.5v vcore - temps under load ( 1 hour lynx test ) reaches ~61.5c and while gaming the temp is around ~52-55c.

OP
R

rahulmax

Broken In
I finally bought the hyper 212 evo for rupees 2100 in delhi! :) and boy o boy m happy!!

temps with stock idle:35c load:65c-70c

temps with 212evo idle:28c-31c load:51c max!!

Tarun

In the zone
i guess u are using Intel CPU then the Temps are OK yet try MX2 thermal paste its will cost u 300 to 400 buck but its worth it :p

And congratulations buddy!!!!!!! u got that at a good price :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I finally bought the hyper 212 evo for rupees 2100 in delhi! :) and boy o boy m happy!!

temps with stock idle:35c load:65c-70c

temps with 212evo idle:28c-31c load:51c max!!

congrats and those are really cool temps - time to OC the cpu ;-)

Top Bottom