Connecting to yahoo messenger using Hutch GPRS , is it possible ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrux

In the zone
Since hutch is preactivating GPRS connections for prepaid customers, and the browsing charges are like 10p for 10KB , i wanted to know if there is a way to connect to yahoo messenger and stay online.
I tried using meebo, but then the browser on my phone just doesnt allow me to enter the username/password in the respective fields since its a jsp i guess.

Is there any other way of doing so ?

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
you could also use softwares to log into messenger, which is always a better bet than using wap messengers. And they dont use much of a trafic either.
For low data usage, you could use Mig33, supports Yahoo, MSN and AIM. And it is free.
But you should be having a JAVA enabled phone.

PS- BTW, if you decide to use Mig33, eventhough you can download and register for the service free of cost, if some other Mig33 member invites you to the service, he could get 1 Aus. Doller credit for that, which can be utilised to send cheap sms and make cheap calls. You shall get your 1$ credit on registering eitherways. So why not do so through an invitation :D
I am a Mig user, and need to make regular calls to USA, hence, it helps me to invite people. If you dont mind, you coud PM me your number and i could invite you to Mig?

Pathik

Google Bot
mig works on gprs wit proxies?? Btw u could also try im+ or mobile yahoo.. Both r java softs.. But could give probs wit normal gprs..

OP
C

cyrux

In the zone
@alsiladka Pm sent
I use a Nokia 6681 which fully supports Java MIDP 2.0 .
So , shouldnt be any problems. Are they any specific changes that i need to make in my GPRS settings, do i need to use a proxy ?

@pathiks, visiting this section after some time and you are going great guns mate. You always ruled the mobile section

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Just use YMSG & you can connect to Yahoo messenger. I have written a tutorial for Web services on Mobile Phones which might help U.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom