Connect Tablet to TV

arian29

In the zone
How can i connect my Tablet (Dell Venue 8) or Phone (Xperia Z) to my TV Toshiba Regza (32PB1E).
Connection option:
*i59.tinypic.com/15x4xdu.jpg

I can see a HDMI port.. maybe i can use a MicroUSB to HDMI + HDMI to HDMI OR may be use THIS
Would i need any app on the phone/tablet or any other setup.
Purpose: Watch Movies and Youtube. Play the android games if possible.
So it would be a projection of the tablet/phone screen with controls via the phone or tablet.

Last edited:

pratyush997

Inactive
You will need MHL for that.
MHL Micro USB to HDMI Cable TV Out Adaptor For Sony Xperia Z ZL V T Tablet Z SP | eBay Mobile
[video] Sony Xperia Z MHL/HDTV Demo - YouTube [/video]

Last edited:
OP
A

arian29

In the zone
Its the same cable here - Usb Mhl To Hdmi Cable Adapter Hdtv For Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 S4 I9500 Note 2 N7100 - Buy Mobile Accessories Online @ Snapdeal
But will it work with Dell ?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
MHL cable is the way to do it but it depends on the device's functionality. you can also try mirroring your phone's screen using the inbuilt Cast Screen function if the tv has Wifi and screen mirroring feature or using chromecast/miracast dongle.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
there will be input lag while using miracast .. if you want to play games

its good for movies and youtube

OP
A

arian29

In the zone
:cry: the cable did not work. Neither with the xperia not with the dell tablet. Cable Info
Any solution ???

OP
A

arian29

In the zone
Ordered another cable - Buy BlueRigger MHL to HDMI Cable with Charging Port (6 Feet) - Supports high-definition 1080p output and device charging - For Samsung Galaxy phones, HTC One, tablets, and much more Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in
hope it works this time..

Top Bottom