confusion guys suggestion needed.

$hadow

Geek in making
I am confused about two graphic card i.e. gt650m and amd 7730. Please help out with their gaming performance.

Cilus

laborare est orare
$hadow , do you want to buy a laptop with any of those GPU or want a desktop GPU to add in your system?

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
$hadow , do you want to buy a laptop with any of those GPU or want a desktop GPU to add in your system?

I want it for gaming on a laptop which I am about to buy. But now in a confusion what to look for I have a desktop at home which I use for gaming but now since I want a portable device don't know what to do. I am using gt660 right now at my desktop. But these two look the best which my money can buy right now.

Hrishi

I want it for gaming on a laptop which I am about to buy. But now in a confusion what to look for I have a desktop at home which I use for gaming but now since I want a portable device don't know what to do. I am using gt660 right now at my desktop. But these two look the best which my money can buy right now.

I will go with GT650m , anyday.
Performance wise GT650m is better than 7730. HD Radeon 7730 is somewhere around GT640m LE . In fact a GT640m will perform better at most games than 7730.

Some say that 7730 is better at few tasks(professional) , but as far as gaming performance is concerned GT650 wins by a considerable margin of 10-15% at least in almost all of the major game titles.

Problem is that , GT650m laptops do not come under 50k Bracket. None of them.The closest you can get around 650m model would be GT645m , which is in reality a slightly overclocked model of GT645m. And 645m laptop comes under 50k , [there is just one , though .lenovo z500.]

Then which graphic card will perform well in the similar price bracket.
None.
GT650m rules that price Bracket and is good enough for gaming at high settings , but not for Ultra game setting mode.
Can easily play almost all latest games at High settings , 1366x768 with excellent details. [30fps or more].

Source : Stuck in same dilemma until month end.

Last edited:
OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
Performance wise GT650m is better than 7730. HD Radeon 7730 is somewhere around GT640m LE . In fact a GT640m will perform better at most games than 7730.

Some say that 7730 is better at few tasks(professional) , but as far as gaming performance is concerned GT650 wins by a considerable margin of 10-15% at least in almost all of the major game titles.

Problem is that , GT650m laptops do not come under 50k Bracket. None of them.

Well price is certainly not my problem coz I got a budget of 63k max but my problem is that I am not able to find y500 in this bracket in Delhi. So I am just searching and searching for a perfect lappy in this range any suggestion from where I can get it in Delhi in this price bracket.

Hrishi

Nehru Place is the perfect destination for computers/laptops in Delhi. Cheapest rates.

In fact , I might be going to NP within a week , to enquire latest price and re-define budget.

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
Nehru Place is the perfect destination for computers/laptops in Delhi. Cheapest rates.

In fact , I might be going to NP within a week , to enquire latest price and re-define budget.

Could you please suggest me some shops of nehru place where I can find authentic stuff.

Hrishi

Problem is that , GT650m laptops do not come under 50k Bracket. None of them.

Well price is certainly not my problem coz I got a budget of 63k max but my problem is that I am not able to find y500 in this bracket in Delhi. So I am just searching and searching for a perfect lappy in this range any suggestion from where I can get it in Delhi in this price bracket.
Y500 with Ci7 , GDDR5 GT650m and FHD is available in FK at around 65K. I think by doing a little bargaining you can easily get in under 63k at Nehru Place.

Usually the GUys at Nehru Place offers Freebies with the laptops , if you can exclude them then it'll become little less expensive.

Could you please suggest me some shops of nehru place where I can find authentic stuff.

Well , no idea as such. There are so many shops. Try you luck first at the original showroom of lenovo.

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
Those guys charge around 1K-1.5K extra on every model.. I have compared the price and they are always more than the single brand shops..

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
HD 7730M is faster than GT 640M with the latest drivers. But GT 650M being faster than them both.

Top Bottom