Confused State: Nokia X6 or HTC Legend....

suyash_123

Techno Freak
Hello all,

i m going to Buy a phone in range of 15k -20k.
I check lots of Phone and come to conclusion for 2 Phone
1. X6 Nokia
2. HTC Desire

X6
adv:
1. 5 mp cam with carl -z Lens and dual Flash LEds
2. Vdo qty and Picture quality is good.
3. Xpress music with 2 Speakers... (Dedicated Music proc)
4. Reliable and duarble as Nokia Phones are Duarble and works long time.
5. Service center are easy to approch and fast service(pune)
6. front side cam.
7. 16 Gb Mem
7. cost 15 k

Disav:
1. Old symbain OS ( same os available in cheap versions like Nokia 5230 (7000/-))
2. No Custumisable sceerns.
3. UI is not that attractive and efficient (touch sensitivity)
4. No xvid.
5. Lack of required Software
(Most of the softwares which we require are PAID and all other useless software are free)
6. Body is plastic Feels very cheap....
7. same old 434 mhz procc,
8. No ofc application pre loaded (3rd part software insatll)

HTC LEGEND

Adv:
1. GOOGLE andoid 2.1 OS
2. 7 customisable scereens
3. 600 mhz proc and Good ram (less Card Mem)
4. display Is amoled and bright (WOW Sceen)
5. Htc Touch sence Ui (amazing.....)
6. Aluminium Body.
7. all Connectivity,,,

Disadv.
1. music Qty is poor.
2. 5 mp cam but Is still not power full as of Nokia X6.(vdo shoot and Pic shoot)
3. Flash led is also poor.
4. No XVID.
5. Not Much reliable and Durable as Compare to Nokia Phone
(My Current phone is Nokia 6670 : from 7.5 yrs its working gr8 with small repairs 3,4 times )
6. Sercvice centers are not enough.
7. No front cam.
8. 21-22k Cost.

My concerns:

Is Andoid market is still immature and unstable.
I google a lot.

I found news from my frd that Htc stop Updating Tattoo to Android 2.1 eclairs (coz of hardware constaints)
I also got +ve responce from market that its growth in last 3-5 month is incredible from 8%- 22%
link: Android lifts UK market share | Technology | guardian.co.uk
Android Smartphone Sales Exceed iPhone in the U.S. for First Time - Mac Rumors

If i Buy a Phone I will Keep It for at least 3-4 years so if i purchase a new Phone should i Keep in mind of the Next gen Mobile computing in Mind
Or Just Buy a cool funky Mobile For 2-3 Years to get fully stable and reliable smart phone in markets.

I still cannot find Much apps for Andriod On Web (I mean Useful , there are lots of useless apps)

in My view Os is fully mature when out of 10 Phones (phone comapny ) 7 Phones are of one os.
Like Symbain os , Windows ,RIM.

Those are mature because of time also...

and also when number of mobile phone makes are using that Os In there set.

Today only Htc is Using andoid heavily . sony and samsung are using In there high end phone only)

Also andriod is in Market 2 yrs or somthing and came into pic from last 6-8 months....
Anodrid based Phones are Costlier now But Will be cheaper soon as it is one source :)

in future as Demand increase The android Phones will be cheaper.....

Please guide Me Guys.....

Should I buy 15 k Nokia x6 now and wait for Fully Android Full Stable

or just go in market and Pick Up Cooool HTC desire .. without any hesitate and with close eyes

Plz Help

P.s. can suggest a new phone tooo if u think

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
if you have money to purchase a Legend, go for it. Experience on X6 is nowhere near to what you get Legend. Android is already a stable OS.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Just prioritize what u want..

U want great cam with flash, great music, 16gb memory...Nokia X6:lol:

OR

u want cool UI, future support, faster device....HTC Legend(music and Cam is OK)

With android u will be able to play xvid using 3rd party software

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
I am sorry to post this (off-topic), but why do not you wait a little longer and buy N8 the capacitive touch-screen handset (same as iPhone in many respects but at half the price).
Android based phones are good. They operate at high speed/proccy power and fluidicity as compared to Nokia phones but lack mass trust. That's the reason people like you and me find it hard to switch to Android after been using Nokia/Symbian for long. Legend is no doubt very fast but I would love some more phone memory, and I do not want to get behind after paying a lot and not having a front camera. Then there are some other multimedia features.
My advice would be, wait for N8 to come to India. Or if you have someone in Singapore, ask them to bring it for you.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I am sorry to post this (off-topic), but why do not you wait a little longer and buy N8 the capacitive touch-screen handset (same as iPhone in many respects but at half the price).
Android based phones are good. They operate at high speed/proccy power and fluidicity as compared to Nokia phones but lack mass trust. That's the reason people like you and me find it hard to switch to Android after been using Nokia/Symbian for long. Legend is no doubt very fast but I would love some more phone memory, and I do not want to get behind after paying a lot and not having a front camera. Then there are some other multimedia features.
My advice would be, wait for N8 to come to India. Or if you have someone in Singapore, ask them to bring it for you.

never ever ever be early adopter for such new platforms. NEVER EVER EVER.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
hehehe totally agree with you desiibond but remember Android was also taken with such suspicion and it is now beating iPhone with its rising sales figure in the US. What attracts me towards Symbian^3 is that it is fully open source so it will have a community backup just like Android users enjoy (which is awesome. I feel it in the *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobile-monsters/122921-official-android-discussion-thread.html). Well that's my guess. I only step back purchasing it due to the bad reviews it earned after its announcement... :(

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
hehehe totally agree with you desiibond but remember Android was also taken with such suspicion and it is now beating iPhone with its rising sales figure in the US. What attracts me towards Symbian^3 is that it is fully open source so it will have a community backup just like Android users enjoy (which is awesome. I feel it in the *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobile-monsters/122921-official-android-discussion-thread.html). Well that's my guess. I only step back purchasing it due to the bad reviews it earned after its announcement... :(

not just suspicion. The first edition is always the most buggy one. iOS, android too went through this phase. If you take a look at Android 1.0 and android 2.1, you will notice.

Top Bottom