Confused in rig configuration

manojchandan

Broken In
Hi friends! I use to play in my friend's system, which has "Core 2 Quad, 4GB DDR3, 9800GTX+ 512MB" and I'm satisfied with that performance. Now planning for a new rig with

"AOC-Air black LED 20inch or LG-E2040T LED 20inch (Dual monitor),
Asus M4A88TM,
AMD Phenom II 945,
Seagate 500GB,
Corsair 1333 2x2GB,
Samsung 22x Writer,
Cooler Master Elite 430 cabinet or NZXT GAMMA,
Cooler Master Hyper TX3- CPU cooler,
XFX ATI Radeon HD 5770,
any UPS"

Confused in choosing a graphics card between HD 5770, HD 5750, GTS 250, HD 6850 and PSU like Corsair, CM are said as good but please tell about Huntkey 500W, FSP SAGA II 500, Zebronics platinum 500w, etc that are priced low.

My maximum budget is 40K. Main factors are less power consumption and play some games like Prototype. l can compromise a little bit with graphics but not less than that mentioned old system. This rig will also be used for working purpose which makes it to run several hours restless.

Will it make any overheat issues in future as AMD produce more heat? What will happen if I use 600V instead of 1Kv UPS?

I have to attach dual monitor for my work purpose which I can buy after few days. I could extend my pocket some more but don't want to install something I never use.

Power consumption in to be mainly considered in every aspect. Please suggest any changes in this configuration that could make best for me.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Component|Model|Price
CPU|Intel i5 2400|9.5k
Motherboard|Intel DH67BL B3|5.5k
RAM|Corsair 2x2GB 1333MHz|2.3k
HDD|Seagate 500GB|1.7k
DVD|LG\Samsung|0.9k
Case|NZXT Gamma|2k
Power SUpply|FSP SagaII 500W|2k
Graphic Card|Sapphire HD6850|9.5k
UPS|APC 800VA|3k
Monitor|20" Monitor|6k
Total||42.4k

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Will it make any overheat issues in future as AMD produce more heat?
The config which you mentioned in your post:
"AOC-Air black LED 20inch or LG-E2040T LED 20inch (Dual monitor),
Asus M4A88TM,
AMD Phenom II 945,
Seagate 500GB,
Corsair 1333 2x2GB,
Samsung 22x Writer,
Cooler Master Elite 430 cabinet or NZXT GAMMA,
Cooler Master Hyper TX3- CPU cooler,
XFX ATI Radeon HD 5770,
any UPS"
will produce less heat and also consume less power than your friend's Intel Core 2 Quad + nVidia 9800GTX+. Why? AMD Phenom II 945 is a newer generation processor than Core 2 Quad and ATi HD 5770 is a newer generation graphic card than nVidia 9800GTX+.

But then, Intel Core i5-2400 (sandy bridge) will produce less heat and consume less power than AMD Phenom II 945. Why? Sandy Bridge is a newer generation processor than AMD Phenom II. AMD is long due a refresh in their processor line up.

What will happen if I use 600V instead of 1Kv UPS?
You meant VA. Volt-ampere. The watt rating is given by the VA rating multiplied by the power factor. Power factor is typically 0.7. 600 VA UPS will provide you back-up if your PC draws ~420w of power. Get the 1kVA UPS if your PC draws ~700w of power.
My maximum budget is 40K. Main factors are less power consumption and play some games like Prototype. l can compromise a little bit with graphics but not less than that mentioned old system. This rig will also be used for working purpose which makes it to run several hours restless.
Strong suggestion to go for the configuration posted by Ishu Gupta. :)

I have to attach dual monitor for my work purpose which I can buy after few days. I could extend my pocket some more but don't want to install something I never use.
Strong suggestion to go with HD 5770 then. You can use upto 3 monitors with it if it has a DP aside from DVI and HDMI. If you need better performance (which also translates to slightly more power consumption in this case) go with HD 6850.

OP
M

manojchandan

Broken In
Here, Sapphire HD6850 is around 11.5k to 12k.. Thats I'm looking for HD5770 which is 8.5k.
Actually what will be the difference?
Which will stand to 9800GTX+?

Suggest any LED monitors - 20". Heard like LED will not affect eyes as of LCD. Am I right?

Sorry.. Thats 600VA instead of 1KV..

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here, Sapphire HD6850 is around 11.5k to 12k.. Thats I'm looking for HD5770 which is 8.5k.
Actually what will be the difference?
Which will stand to 9800GTX+?
HD 5770 is faster than 9800GTX+ and also with much lower power consumption.

Suggest any LED monitors - 20". Heard like LED will not affect eyes as of LCD. Am I right?
Both are LCD monitors. The correct term is LED-backlit LCD. LED back-lit helps in producing much blacker blacks and gives you better contrast ratio compared to traditional CCFL-backlit. Both do equal harm to eyes. :p

Sorry.. That 600VA instead of 1KV..
800VA UPS is enough for your machine.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
And HD6850 is faster than HD5770.
Your prices are high. Look around more or buy online.
Sapphire HD 6850 GDDR5 1GB Graphic Card ― Lynx - The Audio , Electronics And Computer Online Store In India Its 9.2k here.

OP
M

manojchandan

Broken In
Checked the local price list.
Its about 5.5K differes. That is AMD 945 + board = 10.5K and i5 + board = 16K..
Is this 5.5K worth for intel combination? in what concern?

suggest one monitor? Shopkeeper told like that AOC LED will consume only 15W where LG LED will consume 20Watts and also both has good contrast ratio. Any other best as because I doubt on AOC??

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
suggest one monitor? Shopkeeper told like that AOC LED will consume only 15W where LG LED will consume 20Watts and also both has good contrast ratio. Any other best as because I doubt on AOC??
well, you're being too paranoid. If I believe what your shopkeeper says, the difference is only 5w. LCD monitors typically use ~50w, but we're talking of the difference anyways. [taking one is 50w and the other is 55w]

Now if you'll run both the monitors for the whole year, the difference in their consumption will be: 0.005*24*365 = 43.8 units. Which translates to Rs. 175 OVER a year. (Rs. 4 per unit) You're being too paranoid, tbh. Just go for the monitor which gives you better image quality and stop worrying about power consumption.

OP
M

manojchandan

Broken In
well, you're being too paranoid. If I believe what your shopkeeper says, the difference is only 5w. LCD monitors typically use ~50w, but we're talking of the difference anyways. [taking one is 50w and the other is 55w]

Now if you'll run both the monitors for the whole year, the difference in their consumption will be: 0.005*24*365 = 43.8 units. Which translates to Rs. 175 OVER a year. (Rs. 4 per unit) You're being too paranoid, tbh. Just go for the monitor which gives you better image quality and stop worrying about power consumption.

Actually I didn't mentioned the entire story. I choose these monitors after having some factors like contrast ratio, response time, brightness, etc along with power consumption.

I can easily find the reviews of LG but locals say AOC was best as factors like Power, bla.., bla...

All I need is verification from you guys.. :smile:

---------- Post added at 06:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 AM ----------

I Want to run this system for several hours, so is it necessary to install cpu cooler?

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Not necessary to install cooler. Intel Sandybridge is very cool.
And its very worth the 5k.

PS: Don't listen to shopkeepers. They just want more profit.

OP
M

manojchandan

Broken In
Anyone tell me
AMD PHENOM II X4 945 + ASUS M4A88TM Vs INTEL i5 2400 + INTEL DH67BL B3

Because I can spend on HD6850 if AMD is chosen else want to go with HD5770..

sunny4691

Fell Off the Asembly Line
Anyone tell me
AMD PHENOM II X4 945 + ASUS M4A88TM Vs INTEL i5 2400 + INTEL DH67BL B3

Because I can spend on HD6850 if AMD is chosen else want to go with HD5770..
Intel i5 2400 is definately better than phenom II x4 945 comparing processor wise, but imo phenom with hd6850 will be much better than an i5 with hd5770 in gaming scenario

Top Bottom