confused between two laptops

chanx2

Right off the assembly line
Guys i am purchasing a new laptop in a week for general stuff like movies and all but not for gaming . i have chosen samsung np300 e5x s01 IN and hp 2000 2116 ut . I am not sure about samsung as it is not known for its laptops . plz help me out , my budget is 36000 rs

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Get hp probook, not regular hp g6 series, or you'll regret watching movies. A simple third gen i3 based config without any dgpu will do.

Ashokkumar01cbe

Broken In
consider this laptop HP Pavilion G6-2229TU Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS) (Black) HP Pavilion G6-2229TU Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS) - HP: Flipkart.com but its around 37000.

tkin

Back to school!!
My Dell Inspiron 15R N5520 has good config, solid looks+ build quality and moreover has glossy screen, I use it at minimum brightness as the display is awesome, watching movies are a treat, anything over 50% brightness is overkill, my friends have HP G6 laptops but all of them has so far preferred my laptop's screen, looks and build quality, just my two cents.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Inspiron = solid looks? :))

But I agree that at least it has got better display than g6, built is same.

But these days, mainstream laptops seriously lack a good display. One of my friend's 5 year old vostro with some awkward aspect ratio has got such an amazing colour reproduction, that most of today's laptops fail to match.

Btw My laptop display rocks :D, self obsession :p

tkin

Back to school!!
Inspiron = solid looks? :))

But I agree that at least it has got better display than g6, built is same.

But these days, mainstream laptops seriously lack a good display. One of my friend's 5 year old vostro with some awkward aspect ratio has got such an amazing colour reproduction, that most of today's laptops fail to match.

Btw My laptop display rocks :D, self obsession :p
Yeah, well, the Inspiron I have looks just like a XPS, hence :p :p

*i.imgur.com/eF6Gee8.jpg

*i.imgur.com/gpFjGCU.jpg

*i.imgur.com/548myDX.jpg

And that's brushed aluminium like plastic design for you ;)

Even the shopkeeper who saw my laptop today while I was buying RAM though it was a XPS :D :D

Hrishi

^looks good , @Tkin. THough the previous GEN of Inspiron had a very dull appearance. My friend has Few years old Inspiron 15 [c2d], and it looks damn ugly. But Build quality is aweosome.

tkin

Back to school!!
^looks good , @Tkin. THough the previous GEN of Inspiron had a very dull appearance. My friend has Few years old Inspiron 15 [c2d], and it looks damn ugly. But Build quality is aweosome.
Most new Inspirons look like this I think, and I got it for 35k, for that config and price, it hit the sweetspot.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
the pics posted in flipkart are of the older design. looks unattractive and kind of old. tkin's laptop really look like an ultrabook when viewed from top.

tkin

Back to school!!
the pics posted in flipkart are of the older design. looks unattractive and kind of old. tkin's laptop really look like an ultrabook when viewed from top.
Yeah, they gave the old generic inspiron pic(only one pic) that sort of turned me off, till I went to the Dell website and saw it, ordered it right that instant :D :D

Fk should learn from new egg.

Yeah, well, the Inspiron I have looks just like a XPS, hence :p :p

*i.imgur.com/eF6Gee8.jpg

*i.imgur.com/gpFjGCU.jpg

*i.imgur.com/548myDX.jpg

And that's brushed aluminium like plastic design for you ;)

Even the shopkeeper who saw my laptop today while I was buying RAM though it was a XPS :D :D
Looks like inspiron 7520. Hard to diffrentiate when seen from top.

Top Bottom