Padawan
1. Budget?
2. Display type and size?
4"+ atleast
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
bar
4. Preferred choice of brand?
Samsung, HTC
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
touchscreen
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
no specifics cause I think all the required features will come in 30k range
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
must be Android
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
All
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
All
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
multimedia,mails,internet,and lots of app installation will happen as i'm android developer
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Galaxy Note, Galaxy SII, Galaxy Nexus
Went through lots of review and I liked Note the most, Nexus and SII kinda similar but I like SII more
But I'm confused, should I go for Note or Wait for new one as WMC just concluded. However can't wait for too long

12. Any other info that you want to share
ICS upgrade is important

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
well, if you like the Galaxy Note, nothing beats that beast :D Go for it without a second thought. :)

S2 and Nexus are similar, yes, but Note is something unique, if you can bear the large odd screen, then nothing is best for you. :D

But, you stated that you are an android developer, so, testing apps on that big screen won't give you much idea about how will it work on the phones with smaller screens. Just sayin' , i dont know much about testing and deployment in android.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if you go for S2, check very carefully that it is I9100 & not I9100G. the latter have Texas Instruments processor which is fast but carries a very weak GPU.

Sarath

iDota
Well the SGS2 is a huge phone and the Note makes it look like a toy. The NOTE is a monster and look like it too.

I would go with the just-about-pocket friendly SGS2.

:)

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
if you go for S2, check very carefully that it is I9100 & not I9100G. the latter have Texas Instruments processor which is fast but carries a very weak GPU.

well that's something new. I didn't know that! :O :D

OP
masterkd

masterkd

Padawan
yeah..know this one and it seems all online stores and most of the local stores now have I9100G which is another reason I like to get Note!!

One query:
Which one have the best voice clearity in calls on headsets(bundled)?

Last edited:
OP
masterkd

masterkd

Padawan
anyone could please tell which operator provides best 3G plans(i mean balance between bandwidth and price)?
also please tell me Which one have the best voice clearity in calls on headsets(bundled)?

Empirial

Youngling
anyone could please tell which operator provides best 3G plans(i mean balance between bandwidth and price)?
also please tell me Which one have the best voice clearity in calls on headsets(bundled)?

Both BSNL & Airtel offers slighty cheap 3G plans.

OP
masterkd

masterkd

Padawan
bought Samsung Galaxy Note..first impression is awesome..and its huge..all other phones looks like baby beside it!!

Tenida

Gadget Freak

In Kolkata Aircel 3G is quite fast and cheap too.BTW. congrats for your NOTE.Post some pics if you can.:))

OP
masterkd

masterkd

Padawan
could you guys please suggest me some screen protector?
Those available in flipkart doesn't seem to be good.

OP
masterkd

masterkd

Padawan
check reviews of those available for galaxy note in flipkart..none carry good review!!

@tenida, is that one available in kolkata local market..i'm skeptical to buy from ebay!!

Last edited: