Confused between Defy XT535 and HTC Desire C

banskt

Broken In
Looking for a handset (questionnaire filled below) within 14k. I have almost finalised Motorola Defy XT535, but HTC Desire C is still a viable option. Community support for ROM, kernel development remains an important factor (if not the deciding factor). Thats where Defy+ comes in. Again, Huawei Ideos X5 Pro provides almost similar specs in a much lower price range.

Wanted to know your suggestions before buying. Is there any other better model in the same price range? Looking forward to all your suggestions / comments.

1. Budget?
Less than 14k

2. Display type and size?
Capacitative touchscreen, 3.5" or higher

3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
Bar

4. Preferred choice of brand?
None

5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
-whatever-

6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
-whatever-

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
Android

8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
3G + wifi

9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?

10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
voice call, mails, internet, multimedia

11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Considering Motorola Defy+, Motorola Defy XT535, HTC Desire C, Huawei Ideos X5 Pro

12. Any other info that you want to share
I will try to use custom ROMs. So, community support is a very important concern.

Pranav19

Broken In
Have a look at xperia u.
Defy+ and huwaei ideos have good community support. Defy xt535 doesnt have good community support.

OP
banskt

banskt

Broken In
Xperia U doesn't have external SD card slot. That's what putting me off from this otherwise great handset.

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
ideos x5 pro...it got ics recently...
or the huawei ascend g300
but doubtful anout dev support..
and someone confirm please whether the x5 pro and the x5 u8800 are the same.

lr7745

Broken In
ideos x5 pro...it got ics recently...
or the huawei ascend g300
but doubtful anout dev support..
and someone confirm please whether the x5 pro and the x5 u8800 are the same.
No, they aren't the same... the x5 pro is U8800 pro, and is newer, with a 1ghz proccy, while the older x5/U8800 (Not Pro) has a 800 mhz proccy and can be only upgraded to GB.
And the dev support on x5 is good, for the x5 pro isn't. Ascend G300 has better dev support than the x5 pro.

EDIT: Ascend G300 has good dev support but in Modaco, not xda. Should it be a factor? (I honestly don't have a clue about Modaco)
And the OP should leave the Desire C out of the equation, imo. 600 mhz processor. Need I say more?

Last edited:
OP
banskt

banskt

Broken In
Have a look at Desire V, I hope you will like it considering it is available for around 14-14.5k

where do you get Desire V at 14-14.5k? I am really interested...

Also considering Defy Plus now, with a great dev support and decent hardware...

OP
banskt

banskt

Broken In
Buy it from ebay and use some coupon.

Or can buy it from tradus for 14.2k

Thanks for the advice. Using the same trick (using coupons) I am getting new Atrix 2 (with warranty) at 14.3 k.... shall I think more? As far as I can presume, thats the best one I can get strictly below 15k, isn't it?

Top Bottom