Configration for Gaming 50-55k

sumalatha

Banned
Damn after reading the link provided AMD FX-8350 8-Core Black Edition Processor Review - Final Thoughts and Conclusion - Legit Reviews I am changing my processor to fx 8350 which is almost equal to i7 3770k :D .

Good decision and with saved money you can buy Head-phones or add some more Ram buddy.

Cilus

laborare est orare
FX-8350 is a good VFM processor and extremely good for Multi0-tasking and Multi-threaded applications where it beats the costlier i5 3570K and just behind i7 3770K. But in the gaming point of view, i5 3570K is slightly better for the games released up to 2012, although by a small margin at 1080P or higher. Only recent games like Far Cry 3, Crysis 3, Tomb Raider 2013 and couple of older games like Battlefield 3 and Crysis 2, which can use multiple CPU cores efficiently, FX-8350 holds it its ground in gaming against i5 3570K.
But the recent trend in gaming clearly shows that gaming is becoming more and more efficient in multi-threading and FX-8350 is a real attractive option against the i5 processors.
Another thing is the compatibility of the AM3+ socket with the future AMD Processors. Intel is gonna release Haswell within 1 month which needs a different socket LGA1150 and if you get a Ivy bridge Processor, after 2 year when while upgrading, you might be needing to upgrade both CPU and Motherboard as going by the trend, on that time in future, no Ivy Bridge CPU will be available. In case of AMD, they've already confirmed that their upcoming Steam Roller will be compatible with AM3+ socket.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Damn after reading the link provided AMD FX-8350 8-Core Black Edition Processor Review - Final Thoughts and Conclusion - Legit Reviews I am changing my processor to fx 8350 which is almost equal to i7 3770k :D .

yes.with the release of crysis 3 has shown that fx 8 core will be helpful in coming up games in future.as games will start utilising piledrive cpu.

- *www.techspot.com/articles-info/642/bench/CPU_03.png

OP
Limitless

Limitless

Journeyman
FX-8350 is a good VFM processor and extremely good for Multi0-tasking and Multi-threaded applications where it beats the costlier i5 3570K and just behind i7 3770K. But in the gaming point of view, i5 3570K is slightly better for the games released up to 2012, although by a small margin at 1080P or higher. Only recent games like Far Cry 3, Crysis 3, Tomb Raider 2013 and couple of older games like Battlefield 3 and Crysis 2, which can use multiple CPU cores efficiently, FX-8350 holds it its ground in gaming against i5 3570K.
But the recent trend in gaming clearly shows that gaming is becoming more and more efficient in multi-threading and FX-8350 is a real attractive option against the i5 processors.
Another thing is the compatibility of the AM3+ socket with the future AMD Processors. Intel is gonna release Haswell within 1 month which needs a different socket LGA1150 and if you get a Ivy bridge Processor, after 2 year when while upgrading, you might be needing to upgrade both CPU and Motherboard as going by the trend, on that time in future, no Ivy Bridge CPU will be available. In case of AMD, they've already confirmed that their upcoming Steam Roller will be compatible with AM3+ socket.

Thank you very much for telling me this...
Now,I can my buy Monitor :D
One thing is this motherboard Asrock Z77 Extreme4 compatible with FX 8350?

summers

Journeyman
Thank you very much for telling me this...
Now,I can my buy Monitor :D
One thing is this motherboard Asrock Z77 Extreme4 compatible with FX 8350?

No, its an Intel Chipset Mobo. You can go with either of the two :

MSI 990 FX-GD65 ~ 9.5K
Asus M5A99FX R2.0 ~ 11K

Though i'll prefer the asus one.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Do you guys suggest fx 8350 over a i5 3570k or a l7. 3770 for gaming, if money is not a problem?

IMO, if money is not a problem, my preference for gaming will be in the order i7 3770k > i5 3570k > fx8350.
Sweet spot being the i5 3570k.
Z77 mobos for unlocked intel procs are costlier. Hence package price goes up for i5s and i7s.

NiGHtfUrY

Journeyman
@myth: even with the games using more cores and all?I meant a 3770 non k.
I think limitless was just saying it as an example. :p

Myth

Cyborg Agent
You guys are talking about different procs. Even I misread the first time. 3770 and 3770k are quite difference.
I dont know anyone owning a locked i7 actually .... :razz:

NiGHtfUrY

Journeyman
@myth: i am thinking of buying a locked i7
I think i5 +z77+cooler=28k will perform same as i7 3770 non k + a 8k z77=24k
What do you guys think?
This isnt high jacking the thread, is it?

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
See, you are combining a non k processor with an unlocked chipset. The non k processor cannot use the full potential of the Z77 chipset . You cannot oc the non k processor. So combining it with h77 or b75 would make sense.

NiGHtfUrY

Journeyman
Yes,sainatarajan sir you are right but I can't use a ssd with h77 (I can't right?)and going for a b75 mobo will be too low but if there is no difference bet. Z77 and b75 except ocing of course I would love to go with a b75 and further cut down the costs.
2)But the main question is "is an over lockable i5 worth more than a cheaper(and more so if you tell me about the b75) non overclockablw i7?"

OP
Limitless

Limitless

Journeyman
Now the end is this rig efficient?
CPU:-fx 8350
RAM:-Corsair Vengeance 1600 MHz 8GB -3,000
Mobo:- Asus M5A99FX R2.0 - 11K
GPU: Sapphire HD 7850 2GB GDDR5 - 13,500
Cabinet: NZXT Source 210 Elite - 2,900 (Can anyone suggest me some other cabinets also which also looks good?)
PSU: Corsair GS600 - 4,600

Myth

Cyborg Agent
^^ Take the M5A97 @ 6k. With the saved 5k, opt for the 7870 LE @ 18k.
If you still want the M5A99FX (and the 7850 ) change PSU to Corsair GS500. @ 4k. Saves you some money opt for a better cabinet.

NiGHtfUrY

Journeyman
How much do you have for the cabinet?
I suggest go for a g skill rip jaws x ram if the difference is not much.

Top Bottom