Config for Gaming 60k

S_V

In the zone
What exactly is your Good Deal for Proccy and Mobo... So what's the Total amount you did pay for them?

OP
G

gvamsikris

Broken In
Actually my cabby is a negative air pressure one, so it does intake lots of dust, but all the entry points are covered by filters, so not much goes inside. Still I use my blower every week/fortnight to keep things under control.

Among your choices 400R looks good to me, but that's subjective. What's your budget btw? I think 600T costs more than the other two?

i do not want to change my cabby even for my next build. So I need a cabby with very good air flow, feature proof.

I like Corsair 600T with lots of space, good acoustics and air flow. It costs 8k in flipkart. Hoping I will get it for less in S.P Road Bangalore.

Do u have any other choices.

What exactly is your Good Deal for Proccy and Mobo... So what's the Total amount you did pay for them?

My friend has a got an employee discount. I paid $568 for the pair.

Suggest me a good gaming monitor (23'' one preferably) and a good gfx card.

@mods

How can I change the name of this thread ?

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
600T is a wise choice. Very reasonably made case. All they need to do is switch to USB 3.0 headers and its a kickass!! Check out Golcha IT in bangalore if you want to. I won't recommend getting cases shipped, especially cases like 400R. If you are buying it from a store, open the box and check it infront of them, especially in the rear side where the side screws are present and the front frame. K62 has a way better built quality.

You can check out Storm trooper if you want to. Antec 1200 is something I prefer as well. Steel cases all the way.

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
600T is a wise choice. Very reasonably made case. All they need to do is switch to USB 3.0 headers and its a kickass!! Check out Golcha IT in bangalore if you want to. I won't recommend getting cases shipped, especially cases like 400R. If you are buying it from a store, open the box and check it infront of them, especially in the rear side where the side screws are present and the front frame. K62 has a way better built quality.

You can check out Storm trooper if you want to. Antec 1200 is something I prefer as well. Steel cases all the way.

Good to know that. Bad thing is that one expect newer products to be better, particularly when you are paying more or equal than a pretty old model.

@mods

How can I change the name of this thread ?

Ask the mods to change, you yourself can't do it.

OP
G

gvamsikris

Broken In
@Sorcerer

I know Golcha IT well, I generally buy components from there. Mostly I will buy remaining components from there.

The remaining parts I require

Ram --> 8GB --> 1600 Mhz or more
CPU Cooler --> LGA 2011 cooler (I have tried in S.P Road but could not find except CM 212 EVO for 2.2 k). I am afraid to use water coolers so I am inclined towards air cooler. :banghead:
Cabinet --> Corsair 600T / or any other cabby under 8k or is it good to increase my budget to buy a better cabby.
Power Supply --> Seasonic 850 / Corsair TX 750 v2 (any other suggestion)
Monitor --> I need a 23'' FHD a good gaming monitor with no lag while gaming.
KB & Mouse --> Any reviews abt Logitech G100 / Razer Arctosa Any other choice below 2.5k
UPS --> I work in Schneider-Electric So I will try for a rebate in APC products. APC 1.1 KVA is the one I am going for
GFX Card --> My MB does not have a display port. So I need a gfx card. But is it good to wait and get a new gen GFX card or get a 6950 / 560 Ti. I play games a lot, I need a gfx card which can take games from coming years too. :banghead::banghead:

I have a 500 Gb + 250 GB HDD and Creative Speakers. I plan to update these along with a sound card later this year :-(

@mods

Can you please name this thread appropriately

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
>Why do you need water cooler ? Untill and unless you go for intense OC^n, 212 evo ftw.

>For PSU fo with Seasonic 850, bang for buck.

>Monitor- Dell U2311H IPS (around 15k)

>About Arctosa, ask Sarath, he owns it.

OP
G

gvamsikris

Broken In
>Why do you need water cooler ? Untill and unless you go for intense OC^n, 212 evo ftw.

>For PSU fo with Seasonic 850, bang for buck.

>Monitor- Dell U2311H IPS (around 15k)

>About Arctosa, ask Sarath, he owns it.

Yep I prefer a air cooler, will 212 evo suffice ? for intense gaming and whole day developer work.

abt the monitor it has a 8ms response time will cause any lag while gaming ?

I have asked Sarath abt the feedback waiting for it !!

Sarath

iDota
I have got you covered bro...

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/peripherals/143551-read-before-buying-razer-arctosa.html

:)

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^As already said until and unless you OC hard (till ~ 4.5ghz), 212 evo will take care. Its a very good air cooler.

I don't see any reason to lag. High timing causes ghosting issue if I am not wrong, but this is also not the case with this monitor. Sarath owns this also, see its review in his sig and ask him about it.

Sarath

iDota
EDIT: It was written a long while ago, if you have any further questions then feel free to ask me. I haven't read it myself after creating it so there might be some info missing. Point it out and I will revert back.

OP
G

gvamsikris

Broken In
^As already said until and unless you OC hard (till ~ 4.5ghz), 212 evo will take care. Its a very good air cooler.

I don't see any reason to lag. High timing causes ghosting issue if I am not wrong, but this is also not the case with this monitor. Sarath owns this also, see its review in his sig and ask him about it.

Thank u sujay

EDIT: It was written a long while ago, if you have any further questions then feel free to ask me. I haven't read it myself after creating it so there might be some info missing. Point it out and I will revert back.

Sarath I was thinking of going towards Logitech G100 which is a cheaper option, whats your take on Razer Arctosa and Logitech G100.

How is the monitor, do u have any ghosting affect due to 8ms response time. How is the overall quality of picture and build. how abt RMA ?

OP
G

gvamsikris

Broken In
@ Sarath

I have seen ur threads, My requirements are pretty much similar to yours, Can U please help me out.

Where did u buy ur PC in bangalore. I generally go to Golcha. wat abt u ?

Souro_Ray

In the zone
The general rule of thumb is: TN (Twisted Neumatic) has lower response times of around 2ms usually. And IPS (Inter Plane Switching) has slightly higher response times. Now, if you are a player of RTS'es and RPG's, you can go with slightly higher response times. If you're into FPS'es and racers, go with the IPS panel. You wont notice much of a difference, unless you have some crazy optical disorder or something :p

Also, TN panels tend to distort colours when viewing from an angle, while IPS has a near 180 degree perfect viewing angle. This might not matter to most people, but again IPS panels have better colour reproduction. TN panels are cheaper than IPS panels on the most part. Read reviews and choose your favourite :)

Sarath

iDota
KB: Logitech is generally preferred for their solid build and warranty (3y). Razer is usually bought by people like me who are suckers for looks.
I would however suggest the logitech G100 but never used it in person. Try finding someone who owns one. (personally know none)

Monitor:
Never had any issues with the monitor. I have found no ghosting as of yet, but that maybe because I am not looking for it. Some have reported that they can notice ghosting, by some I mean rare, very rare. It's an excellent monitor if you have 14k to spare. However there is a better offering from Asus IPS and Dell IPS-LED.

No idea about ASS as haven't needed it yet. But Dell is told to be good.

Sarath

iDota
Where did u buy ur PC in bangalore. I generally go to Golcha. wat abt u ?

I got my PC from Golchha too. I have mentioned it in my thread too (in SIG). Only mouse, KB & Monitor were purhcased seperately.

I received an overpriced GS700 6.3k :shock: and the cabbie for 6.3k again (but that's fine I guess)

So check out prices at Ankit and few other shops and then bargain and come to a quote. Golchha says their prices are fixed but you can still bargain.

Don't go by my 60k rig. It actually cost me 1.1L to make. Damn TDF :p

What Souro_Ray has said is pretty much accurate.

I would say spend >15k only on an IPS or 3D capable monitor
If it's TN you want then spend no more than 10k or 11k at most.

Personally IPS is far superior and I use it on my exclusive gaming machine (it was build with intention to run CRYSIS in mind)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

To put it plainly: I would say get these:

Mouse: Logitech GS300 or GS400 or MX518 (old horse but still runs good)
KB: Logitech G110 or 100 (model?), or Arctosa if you don't find the Logi one.
Monitor: Asus PA238Q or some similar IPS panel worth 15k. It could be 17k too so watch out. OR Dell UltraSharp U2312HM

Top Bottom