Computer Retarts During.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

readermaniax

Ambassador of Buzz
I have a 3GHz Intel Pentium 4 Processor On a 865GBF Intel Motherboard with 512MB RAM And Windows Home Edition.

I Wanted To Convert a DVD into a 700Mb DivX Format File. For Doing This I used DivX Pro 6.2.5. The Video Got Analysed And started Converting But Suddenly The Computer Restarted.

Then What I Tried To do Was That I tried to Convert A Music Video ... I Got Converted ... Then I tried Converting More Music Videos And the Results Were Amazing!. Again I tried To Convert The DVD into A 700Mb DivX Format File, But Again It Got restarted. :(

So I thought It Might Be A heating Problem So I openedup my Cabinet and Cleaed Out All the Dust. I also Removed the RAM and Reilstalled it. Then I Went onto The Processor, There were 2 pins in it i opend them up but when i tried to pull up the fan it wont get deattached:( So i Left it. And Started my Computer.

I tried To Convert The DVD into A 700Mb DivX Format File, But Again It Got restarted. :(

Please Help Me!

shashank4u

Youngling
try using another software for conversion and then see if it restarts or not.
also use a temperature monitoring utility for yr motherboard from intel.com
see how much the temp rise before restart and post here.

OP
R

readermaniax

Ambassador of Buzz
I have already Tried Using Dr.divx

Here Is the ScreenShot Of the Tempratures Before The Encoding:
*i3.tinypic.com/23tgoco.jpg

Here Is the Screenshot Of the Tempratures During The Encoding Part 1 :
*img394.imageshack.us/img394/3318/fghfghog7.jpg

Here Is the Screenshot Of the Tempratures During The Encoding Part :
*img394.imageshack.us/img394/5607/fgdfgdfez5.jpg

Last edited:

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
I think the problem lies with the software as i once experienced the same kind of problem using Dr.DivX but when i used other ripping tools,the sys didnt get restarted.

shashank4u

Youngling
try converting with cabinet open,
use super for encoding and check.

just noticed one thing yr processor fan is the culprit here .
change it .

vikassethi

Broken In
My younger brother was having the same problem a few weeks ago and after seraching the net we remove Windows XP SP2 and it is now working correctly. Try that.

slagad

Broken In
I believe SP2 is the core reason for a lot problems with various softwares. I anyday would prefer a normal XP over XP SP2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom