Compress videos??

Neo

I have seen many movie torrents that are about 500 in size yet they have a full movie in 720p resolution.
how do they compress the movie so highly?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
"Compress" videos is not the right thing to say.

Encoding videos is what you should be talking about.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I have seen many movie torrents that are about 500 in size yet they have a full movie in 720p resolution.
how do they compress the movie so highly?

Compressing (a.k.a Encoding) is applicable to both DVD & HD Movie...

just use a good encoding software to do the same.

such as Format Factory,Any Video Converter or virtualdub etc

clmlbx

Technomancer
that movies with size of 500MB and resolution of 720P are very low quality videos.. compare it with actual or even with 2GB around rips and you will find the difference. IMO 720P should be at least around 2GB to worth watching(If you talk about HD).. How that is done.. It is just, as in example here

this 500MB movies are encoded in MP4 or MKV.which are very good containers with gr8 quality and low size. plus this type of videos have very low bit rate that makes them low on size..

If you convert any movie with any converter with choosing mp4 or mkv and selecting lowest bitrate possible and then you can get lowest size.. Many converters has option to select quality according to Size.. So just you have to enter size you wish and it will choose best bitrate possible.

OP
Neo

Neo

how does the bitrate affect the quality?
500MB plays the same movie in 720p whereas the 2GB does the same thing.

Zangetsu

u haven't compared those two files media info side by side?

bitrate is like the amount of bandwidth supplied during video playback....

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Hnadbrake(video encoding/compression) is your ultimate lifesaver combined with some good format converter like video converter factory and format factory..even Vlc does fine in standard format conversion(although i dont advise it for large files)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
The video quality in the 500 MB file is much less. Not worthy enough to be run on a home theatre or on a 32" or greater screen.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ The way I understand it, royal.tarun wants to know, the "exact" thing which is compromised in that 500 MB vid with respect to the 2 GB vid.

Or in other words, he (and I) want to know what exactly will the difference of bitrates would make practically while watching the movie?

("the amount of bandwidth supplied during video playback" also doesn't give a fair idea).

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
What would be the *exact* thing compromised in a 500 MB rip and the 2 GB rip of the same thing? Video quality obviously. :rolleyes: ;) :)

Take screenshots and compare the pixels of a still.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So, the video of a 500 MB vid would be blurred or not sharp w.r.t to the 2 GB vid.
That wasn't that hard to answer, was it?? ;)

Thanks.

Zangetsu

So, the video of a 500 MB vid would be blurred or not sharp w.r.t to the 2 GB vid.
That wasn't that hard to answer, was it?? ;)

yes...that is why we see why blu-ray .M2TS files are worth 30~50GB in size for ultimate quality :)

OP
Neo

Neo

K. thanks guys.
And I was thinking people are fools who download such big files. lol.

Top Bottom