compatible graphic card for my PC

HorrayforPeePee

Broken In
hey guys, I need some advice on buying graphic card that would play games on medium settings on Battlefield 3 with 1080p or if not then low resolution.
My PC components are:
CPU= Core 2 duo E7500 2.9GHz
Motherboard= Gigabyte G41M-combo
RAM= 2Gb DDR2 (will be upgrading to 4GB DDR3 within 4 days from now)
SMPS= I ball LPE2 400 watt
Monitor= 22'' Samsung LED S22A350H
HDD= 500GB
OS= Win XP
my budget for graphic card would depend on my PC components, I wont be able to change motherboard and processor, I'm likely to change PSU if Graphic card needs it, I just want to have good gameplay.
I'm already getting a new PC sooner just waiting for new launch of graphic card this year.
pls help me to get best GPU card for this PC component. Thannx :D

OP
HorrayforPeePee

HorrayforPeePee

Broken In
ZOTAC NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti 1GB 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card for RS 10,900/- is this good and is this better than HD 7770 OC?

Sapphire HD7850 is priced at Rs. 15,900/-

tkin

Back to school!!
ZOTAC NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti 1GB 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card for RS 10,900/- is this good and is this better than HD 7770 OC?
Yeah. But for a mere 2k extra this card blows 650Ti away: MSI GRAPHICS CARD HD 7850 1GB DDR5 OC
AnandTech - Bench - GPU12

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Get The following items:
1. Sapphire HD7850 1GB
2. Corsair CX430V2.

Think about buying GTX650ti, only if you can't extend your budget any more to accommodate HD7850.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
e7500 will bottleneck the 7850.
Probably why Cilus suggested the 650ti.
The 7770 might be more suitable.

PSU: Corsair cs430v2

tkin

Back to school!!
e7500 will bottleneck the 7850.
Probably why Cilus suggested the 650ti.
The 7770 might be more suitable.

PSU: Corsair cs430v2
Yeah, but it will allow him to upgrade CPU later and enjoy more performance.

OP
HorrayforPeePee

HorrayforPeePee

Broken In
I'm not going to upgrade any other component on this PC, coz i'm already setting up a new PC this year after launch of sea island GPU cards, I just want to play games on this current PC. I'm currently playing Battlefield 2 :D on integrated graphic, but couldnt play games like call of duty black ops its lagging worst.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Well, the OP is going to upgrade his PC soon. So, HD 7850 2GB DDR5 is the best option for him (if he can get).

OP
HorrayforPeePee

HorrayforPeePee

Broken In
I said I'm not going to upgrade the current PC, I'm going to assemble a brand new PC this year as soon as the Sea island launches in market.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Yup, its the same only. Either you upgrade or get a new assembled PC but if you select your card seeing your current config then it wont help much. So, get HD 7850 2GB DDR5 if possible.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
the HD7850 won't bottleneck your cpu but the cpu may bottleneck the HD7850 ;-) anyway, even with this minor issue the FPS you will get just overrides any other shortcomings.

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ What does it mean? You are suggesting to get a HD 7970 with a E7500? Any Card over HD 6850 will face severe bottleneck issues when paired with this old Core2Duo CPU. I have seen how Tenida's GTX 560 ti was getting bottlenecked due to his E7400 CPU.

tkin

Back to school!!
Wrong. It won't.
E7500 won' bottleneck even a HD7970.
Check the bus speed and bandwidth of the E7500, it won't be able to feed the GPU with enough data, all data fed to the GPU has to come via the CPU, it will choke like a pig which swallowed a pumpkin :p

CPU and GPU Bottleneck Explained

Now, an i3 3GHz could run it flawlessly, as the new sandy and ivy architecture uses a ring bus and increases bandwidth exponentially, but the older Core architectures had it rough.

hitesh

In the zone
e7500 will not bottleneck a 7850 for sure.
However, it will bottleneck a 7970.

@ Just to be on the safe side, do OC your cpu

OP
HorrayforPeePee

HorrayforPeePee

Broken In
I have no idea on overclocking and I wont be buying any High end card for this configuration. I just want to be able to play on decent framerates.

Top Bottom