Comp boots properly, then slows down and pretty much stops working

vigneshnm

Broken In
Hi,

I have a Win 10 PC, assembled. It was working flawlessly till recently.

Now, it boots up properly and for the first few minutes, it works well too. Then, it absolutely slows down and i can't open any application, be it Windows or others like Firefox etc.

The surprising part is if i start Steam and start playing CS:GO, it works properly and lets me play the game....in most cases. Sometimes it hangs but that it rare. And this is irrespective of the duration for which i play, be it half an hour or 4 hours, if i'm playing a game, it works.

I've attached a screenshot of Windows Task Manager and it shows 100% Disk utilization but as you can see, none of the apps or softwares are using any of it.

I have run check disk and defragmentization but to no avail, they both didn't show any errors.

Please help me, as a last resort, I can only try to restore windows from scratch, but that means i have to reinstall all apps and softwares.

Thanks,
Vignesh

Attachments

• IMG_20160222_120354.jpg
    IMG_20160222_120354.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 150

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
You have a virus that replicates itself more than once.
You can only do full format and try not to use any old USB drives but install software using DVD's. Okay.

OP
V

vigneshnm

Broken In
You have a virus that replicates itself more than once.
You can only do full format and try not to use any old USB drives but install software using DVD's. Okay.

Oh ok. Thank you. I am currently doing a boot scan using Avast. Let's see if it throws up something.

I read that the 100% disk utilization in an error faced in Win 10. Could it be due to that? Though I guess, if it were a Win problem, it would have surfaced long ago.

Thanks,
Vignesh

cr7jr

Right off the assembly line
How did you sort out that error? As currently i am also facing that 100% disk utilization error.

Sent from my HM 1SW using Tapatalk

Top Bottom