Co-Education, must or not?

Whats ur opinion?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Well my friend was arguing as the Co-Education sucks coz he is studying in boys college :rolleyes:
I was all for Co-Education. So thought bring this discussion here in this forum.

What I feel is co-education rocks. We'll not just have fun, but competition will develop as well. So everyone tries to score well.

What do you guys say, ha?

NucleusKore

TheSaint
It's a must. Boys studying in a boys only school or college have a lot of difficulty in relating to girls, especially if they do not have sisters at home. This problem becomes acute when they are forced to mingle with girls in a university undergraduate program of any speciality (I think except mining engineering). Their attitude towards girls and outlook towards women in general is very different, and not a healthy one. They do change when they get into university, but after a very long time, and many of the old thinking and ideas still stick.

trublu

Ta da !
In my town,St.Paul's Convent and Mt.Carmel School buildings are beside each other.Both the buildings are separated by a very high wall:rolleyes: .It has been noticed (here) that when these guys see a girl,they go nuts.So co-ed,in my town,helps guys remain mentally stable:D :D

OP
Gigacore

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
@ legolas, few people are isolated in india. They feel girls and boys should not mingle during their education

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
that sort of thinking is harmful in life now. And alumni from the schools do find it difficult to relate to the opposite sex. It takes a lot of time getting over it.
In today's world, you MUST know how to work comfortably with men and women.

I remember an incident (I work in a church). An architect who works in the US (He is a Hindu) came over to help with some construction. My boss and I were just talking to him and he mentioned that he studied in a boys convent school and was grateful for the good work done by christians. He only said that we needed to change in one thing. And that was that the schools needed to be co-ed instead of boys or girls only. He says he still finds it difficult to be comfortable to be around women.

legolas

Padawan
@ legolas, few people are isolated in india. They feel girls and boys should not mingle during their education
Let them feel. That is why I said, I don't see the point. I mean we cant go around giving credit to idiotic feelings a particular hypocrite insists... Its the most genuine thing one can expect. Its natural.

praka123

left this forum longback
I have studied upto pre-degree(PDC -95-97 batch :)) ) in a Syrian Catholic College in Kothamangalam Diocese(Nirmala school,Nirmala College) .
and all are co-ed.but..during 8th and 9th standard's,boys and girls are separated and are having separate classes.the reason are purely biological :p I suppose!IMHO,it is good.may be @nucleuscore can explain more ;)

without co-ed,men will be psycho's esp wont know the way to talk and mingle with girls and women in total.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
hehe praka123, they will know quite well how to mingle, but they won't know how to talk. Mingling is natural instinct. :-D

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I have studied upto pre-degree(PDC -95-97 batch :)) ) in a Syrian Catholic College in Kothamangalam Diocese(Nirmala school,Nirmala College) .
and all are co-ed.but..during 8th and 9th standard's,boys and girls are separated and are having separate classes.the reason are purely biological :p I suppose!IMHO,it is good.may be @nucleuscore can explain more ;)

without co-ed,men will be psycho's esp wont know the way to talk and mingle with girls and women in total.
but we dont really see psychos in India compared ot America ?? :D

legolas

Padawan
sry for the way I wrote.I meant the "modesty" thing will be missing!
to mingle is to participate or associate yourself in activities.

therefore, what you said is absolutely true, if not always, happens in most or some of the cases where some men are afraid of speaking, intimidated to look into the eye, fear for being mocked at in front of girls... there are ppl who totally isolate because of experiencing and victimized by this baseless cr*p attitude.

and the same holds true for girls in a girls only school.
Exactly!!

but we dont really see psychos in India compared ot America ?? :D

:) this is a whole different topic to debate/fight (club) on! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom