Cleaning PC

chris

In the zone
[YOUTUBE]AsBj-xdHxVY[/YOUTUBE]

Compressed air cans like this available in india ?

Should i get this or a vacuum cleaner for cleaning PC ? My PC will get blue screen error if i won't clean it every 2 to 3 months. I read some vacuum cleaners are not safe for PC. I was using one before, but it died, need to get a new one or Compressed air can if it is better choice.

Air cans are neither easily available in India nor do they last long.

You can read this thread: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hardware-q/173475-how-do-i-clean-my-pc.html

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Both the methods are good but as harshil said compressed cans are not that easily available so its better to disassemble the whole CPU and clean them using alcohol or any cleaning solution(I use Colin) and remove all the dust in the cabinet.
Duration: For every 4 months at least.

Buy Air Compressor.

Actually that has problem regarding moisture, especially in wintrers. It does not dehumidifies that air and so the outcomming air has humidity which isn't good for electronics. Air cans contain dust-free and completely dry air on the other hand. Also, if a capacitor or other component on motherboard is loose, it will easily get broken by the air pressure. I use a thin painting brush for cleaning motherboard. It easily allows cleaning heat sink too without removal.

ankush28

Bazinga
Where do you live?
Here in mumbai its EASILY available...
Or get air blower ~1k
Never use vacuum cleaners

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
Actually that has problem regarding moisture, especially in wintrers. It does not dehumidifies that air and so the outcomming air has humidity which isn't good for electronics. Air cans contain dust-free and completely dry air on the other hand. Also, if a capacitor or other component on motherboard is loose, it will easily get broken by the air pressure. I use a thin painting brush for cleaning motherboard. It easily allows cleaning heat sink too without removal.

Agree with you... Using brush is good but time consuming.. I have to sacrifice a whole damn day to clean my entire PC completely.

If any one uses Vaccum Cleaners then we will end up with a bare MB.

Actually one can reverse it to force air out rather than sucking it. ;) I use the same to clean my PC, have been doing this for years now.

OP
C

chris

In the zone
Thanks everyone for the reply.

I had a vacuum clearer before, not sure how the tech used it. Last time he had to use brush and too much dust, i was worried that he will be spraying dust to other part of the mother board like pci slots when he clean. So was thinking of vaccum clearn as it can suck the dust with out spreading further.

Today i done some googling and found out almost every article says blow air... i was wondering why. Reading the reply here i found out the reason :)

With moisture + static build, i think i have to cancel the plan to get a vacuum cleaner for cleaning PC.

You can read this thread: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hardware-q/173475-how-do-i-clean-my-pc.html

Thanks harshilsharma63, reading this now.

Here in mumbai its EASILY available...
Or get air blower ~1k
Never use vacuum cleaners

Can you recommend some good air blower ?

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Both the methods are good but as harshil said compressed cans are not that easily available so its better to disassemble the whole CPU and clean them using alcohol or any cleaning solution(I use Colin) and remove all the dust in the cabinet.
Duration: For every 4 months at least.

i use my vaccum cleaner as blower and vaccum the front part and the filters tat are difficult to remove.........

my computer gets really dust in a month or so......... like visibly very dusty.......

snap

Lurker
AFAIK there is always risk of damaging pc parts using vacuum cleaner... well i know too little

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
I don't know how risky it is to use vacuum cleaner as blower. But I do it almost over 8 times in a year to clean my computer and never had any problem..

P.S. May be water concentration in the air is never too high in my area to risk the components.... :S

didn't get u?? how come the static will still remain after i hav touched the pc after shutting it down and also i thought earthing was supposed to take care of that for metal computer case......
Air contains dust. Blower will blow the dust particles too along with air. Those dust particles will collide with the plastic walls of blower and tube causing the particle to gain charge. This charge will get released on the surface where that particle comes in contact. This charge is called static.

Top Bottom