Cleaning PC

flyingcow

Shibe
Sadly i used vaccume cleaner to clean my PC, i used the blower mode and cleaned everything, the psu was oem and was very dusty on the inside so i blowed air through the rear end where the psu fan is attached and ended up with a broken psu, it isnt working anymore i had to use a spare psu :cry:
NEVER to vacuum

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
Sadly i used vaccume cleaner to clean my PC, i used the blower mode and cleaned everything, the psu was oem and was very dusty on the inside so i blowed air through the rear end where the psu fan is attached and ended up with a broken psu, it isnt working anymore i had to use a spare psu :cry:
NEVER to vacuum

Really? The PSU is totally dead?

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Maybe the vacuum cleaner(in blower mode, blowing air) forcibly made the psu fan to run, backfeed the psu motherboard and suicided

That's why I put a plastic spoon and prevent it from rotating when I blow away the dust with a mini 600w blower

ithehappy

Human Spambot
What's wrong with a Vacuum cleaner? I am cleaning my cabby with it for past three years (suction not blow). Please don't scare people.
Nothing can clean as good as a good and powerful VC!

Static is caused when vacuume cleaner is in blow mode, not in suction mode. No one is interested in scaring people. Everyone is mentioning just facts and experiences. There is no problem with suction but I dont think it can suck all dust without a bit crushing.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Will if someone doesn't apply the common sense of not holding the fans while blowing with a VC then there's nothing to say.
Also nothing can suck all the dust, it's how much percentage the VC can suck others won't, also I don't think it'll crush anything, as I said, I've been doing it for very long, never noticed any sort of problem!

flyingcow

Shibe
Maybe the vacuum cleaner(in blower mode, blowing air) forcibly made the psu fan to run, backfeed the psu motherboard and suicided
That's why I put a plastic spoon and prevent it from rotating when I blow away the dust with a mini 600w blower
i inserted a pencil into thefan andthe mesh so that it couldnt spin..i dont know what caused it but imo it was the static

What's wrong with a Vacuum cleaner? I am cleaning my cabby with it for past three years (suction not blow). Please don't scare people.
Nothing can clean as good as a good and powerful VC!
cmon man what would i get by scaring people?? as harshil said
No one is interested in scaring people. Everyone is mentioning just facts and experiences
Will if someone doesn't apply the common sense of not holding the fans while blowing with a VC then there's nothing to say.
Also nothing can suck all the dust, it's how much percentage the VC can suck others won't, also I don't think it'll crush anything, as I said, I've been doing it for very long, never noticed any sort of problem!
as i said above i stopped the fan from spinning bro, stop making assumptions

Top Bottom