Choosing between two windows mobiles!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bytecode

Right off the assembly line
Hi pals
My first post at the forum :) .. I am planning to purchase a pocket pc. I searched every other site for a better perspective. At the end, I have selected two models that fall in my budget. HTC Touch(14K) and Asus P320(12.5K) .. Both of them have the same featues, same processor. But the main diff being that Asus offers an inbuilt GPS, while HTC touch doesnt. Also the screen is a bit smaller for Asus. So, according to you which one should be purchsed? Or , maybe some other model in the range of 10-14K?

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung
Go for HTC. It is a proven brand.

If you are not into touch screens, go for MotoQ, it beats the above two in terms of speed.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
1. Should brand name be really a problem when two almost similarly popular bands are in queston? I mean Asus doesnt suck; thats for sure; no matter what anyone says.

2.HTC one has multi-touch? Weird!!

moshel

Padawan
a few days back i had posted a small write up about my experience with HTC Touch. here it is..

i bought the HTC touch just last week and i gotta tell u that its a phone for people who want touch screen functionality + windows mobile features on a budget. dont expect it to do wonders. the sound quality isnt that good. the volume cranks very easily even on moderately high level. the videos dont look too sharp. although if encoded correctly (i use, 15FPS with MP4 video format and mp3 video format) they look pretty decent.

I repeat....go for HTC touch only if u need a touch screen + windows mobile.

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
both are bad! my friends use them and am not happy with the quality.. the ASUS gps also never gets connected! Better take a look at both in hand and decide..

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
^^Agree
Windows Mobile is not a need if you are targeting at personal use. Nokia E71 or E66 is good but may not be in budget. HTC Touch is ok, but stretch your budget and think about the touch diamond. The touch is less responsive as stupid iPhone but a good phone.

OP
B

bytecode

Oh, thanks for all those responses. I was offline for 2 days(BSNL sucks :(,servers went down.. )! But I have purchased HTC TOuch, and for the last two days, I am happy.

@the.kaushik
Exactly, The final decision was made by looking at both in hand.

I would say, NEVER buy ASUS.. it is bad, in fact the screen quality,sound,GPS,build everything is bad. Touch is way ahead of it. I didnt like Diamond that much. I needed a windows mobile to be precise, hence I has some limited options in hand looking at my budget. Touch aint that slow, if you have 2-3 apps running because it has 128MB RAM, which is pretty decent in my opinion. ASUS P320 has 64MB ram, hence that might be slow. I will post a complete reeview of both the phones in comparision to iPhone, for the Indian users :)
Thanks all for helping!

moshel

Padawan
welcome to the family bytecode....for ppl like us on a limited budget the HTC touch is by far the best choice.

OP
B

bytecode

Thanks for welcoming me :) .. 4 days with HTC, everything seems good, just getting used to touch keypad.

moshel

Padawan
^^ dude..download the software called PocketCM keyboard....a really nice software..i use that only for typing..

oh and if u want iphone like interface, then download this software called ifonz.

Tamoghno

Padawan
Just curious , why did you choose windows mobile ? I mean do you need to run some windows only software . Or just because its "Windows "

Pat

Beyond Smart
^^ dude..download the software called PocketCM keyboard....a really nice software..i use that only for typing..

oh and if u want iphone like interface, then download this software called ifonz.

The best keypad to use is the Touch Diamond one. By far, the most usable virtual keypad I have ever used.

twisted_mind

Broken In
Oh, thanks for all those responses. I was offline for 2 days(BSNL sucks :(,servers went down.. )! But I have purchased HTC TOuch, and for the last two days, I am happy.

@the.kaushik
Exactly, The final decision was made by looking at both in hand.

I would say, NEVER buy ASUS.. it is bad, in fact the screen quality,sound,GPS,build everything is bad. Touch is way ahead of it. I didnt like Diamond that much. I needed a windows mobile to be precise, hence I has some limited options in hand looking at my budget. Touch aint that slow, if you have 2-3 apps running because it has 128MB RAM, which is pretty decent in my opinion. ASUS P320 has 64MB ram, hence that might be slow. I will post a complete reeview of both the phones in comparision to iPhone, for the Indian users :)
Thanks all for helping!

Not meaning to be sarcastic but i thought one of the downers for the Touch was its 64mb RAM. Has a 128mb version of the Touch come out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom