Choosing between two windows mobiles!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikhilpai

Techans
@ Pat : I know you have always said that Basic GPRS (Vodafone Live & Airtel NOP) works on all Windows Mobile phones. Just wanted your confirmation that it works on the HTC Touch & the Asus P320 in particular.

Pat

Beyond Smart
^^Yes. I don't think its specific to any device. It works on all phones with windows mobile.

nikhilpai

Techans
^^Yes. I don't think its specific to any device. It works on all phones with windows mobile.

Thanks !! :)

I would say, NEVER buy ASUS.. it is bad, in fact the screen quality,sound,GPS,build everything is bad. Touch is way ahead of it. I didnt like Diamond that much. I needed a windows mobile to be precise, hence I has some limited options in hand looking at my budget. Touch aint that slow, if you have 2-3 apps running because it has 128MB RAM, which is pretty decent in my opinion. ASUS P320 has 64MB ram, hence that might be slow. I will post a complete reeview of both the phones in comparision to iPhone, for the Indian users :)
Thanks all for helping!

@bytecode: Awaiting your review.

My friend who has just purchased an Asus 527 is showing me his cell daily for the last few days so much that I have got tempted to buy it.

I noticed the bad review bytecode has posted about Asus above but I am still not convinced.

Can somebody do me a favour by talking me out of buying the Asus P527? :)

Last edited:
OP
B

bytecode

Right off the assembly line
@twisted_mind
I have the 128MB RAM Touch :)
@Tamoghno
Ah, well I wanted to move on from "regular" phones and iPhone is a "bit" out of budget for me :)
@nikeel
I am using Airtel GPRS without any problems.. About Asus P320, once you compare HTC touch with it, definitely there is no reason(other then if u want GPS) to buy an ASUS and not Touch. The short comparision of both phones is attached,.. Umm, i dont know how to post a table in the post here.. so i have attached it :)

There are many more things, like market re-sale value, HTC is proven brand etc. I was too tempted to buy ASUS in the begninning, but I am happy that I got Touch. I will post an in-depth review along with tested softwares soon!

bytecode.

nikhilpai

Techans
The reasons I find Asus P527 better than the HTC Touch are:
1. It has a normal keypad in addition to touchscreen
2. Has GPS
3. Has FM (not really a deal breaker but is a welcome addon)

Its now available for Rs. 14700.
Thats why I am so tempted to give Asus a try.

The negatives are only 64 MB RAM which is a major negative. I also agree that HTC has better secondhand value and is a better brand.

But these 3 things above are really tempting me for the P527

@bytecode: I was unable to open your word file. I don't know whether its only me. If possible pls try to reattach it.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
if any1 can inc his budget then i wud suggest them to go for the Samsung SGH-i780.
damn good fone for 19k.getting it nxt week for myself.has a 2.5" touch screen with 320x320 res,128MB of ram and 256MB of ram and the best part is the 624MHz procy and GPS & A-GPS.also has a ful qwert keypad.so typing sudnt be a prob 4 any1.

nikhilpai

Techans
if any1 can inc his budget then i wud suggest them to go for the Samsung SGH-i780.
damn good fone for 19k.getting it nxt week for myself.has a 2.5" touch screen with 320x320 res,128MB of ram and 256MB of ram and the best part is the 624MHz procy and GPS & A-GPS.also has a ful qwert keypad.so typing sudnt be a prob 4 any1.

Only problem with this phone is a non standard display resolution which could lead to incompatibility problems with various software

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
@pat from wat i've read on the net, custom firmwares + a software called RealVGA (which allows u to change dpi) does allow u to run most of the softwares and games.

Pat

Beyond Smart
RealVGA...Hmmm..But dont forget that the screen and its contents will then look skewed and not so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom