Choice between Samsung Galaxy S2 and Nokia Lumia 800 !

Kvishal

In the zone
Hi Guys,

I was wondering between the New Nokia Lumia 800 and the Samsung Galaxy S2 which would be a better choice. The requirement is the same as usual. Want a great web surfing experience and should be a great entertainer for watching videos. Of course availability and use of APPS remains top of the agenda.:-o

Cheers !

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Galaxy S2 is unbeatable...

Lumia 800 WP7 marketplace has very few apps. Nokia Drive might be useful, though I am not sure it is available for India, no front facing camera in Lumia... I don't know how its main camera would compare to S2's 8 MP camera, but I am sure it would be competitive.

Overall, S2 is a lot better... Unless you can get Lumia 800 for 20k or less, don't buy it. Not worth the money...

red dragon

Master troll
Lumia 800 for 20!!Not going to happen in near future.
WP7 is a nice platform actually.
But not for app junkies ATM.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i remember noob posting a list of big shortcomings for Mango. check the list before spending so much money on a new platform.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
WP7 is awesome, I liked it a lot when I got chance to play with my friend's windows phone. But Lumia is costly, I wont personally go for a phone with inferior hardware (in comparison) for that cost. SGS2 is available for 27k in many cities (got one from Pune) and is a great phone (and soon getting ICS).
If Lumia is available for 19-20k , then get it. Its worth only that much. IMO

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
But what about for features like Internet Surfing and Video Watching.

I have a Samsung Focus, running on WP7.5. Had bought it for 13k from Ebay India... Brand new unlocked from US. No warranty in India...

Internet surfing is excellent. Video experience is also good, thanks to the 4" Super Amoled screen. But I am afraid not many resolutions are supported. No USB plug-n-play to transfer files. Your video has to pass through Zune, and it is very likely to be converted first.

Also, WP7 does not support Adobe Flash. So, a lot of 3rd party video websites might not work well.

Galaxy S2 browsing experience is on par with any other phone in the market. You will not be disappointed.

Your actual choice should be between Samsung Galaxy S2 and Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Lumia is not yet affordable enough or mature enough yet.

Personally, if I could afford it, I would get he Galaxy Nexus... Pure Google phone...

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
It's like comparing chalk & cheese! SGSII is a generation ahead of Lumia. Lumia scores only on polycarbonate housing.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
And What is a PPI ??

Pixels Per Inch.

S2 has only WVGA resolution for 4.3" screen size, so PPI is low. Lumia has the same resolution, but because the screen size is only 3.7", PPI is higher.

Doesn't make much difference, since S2 has a Super Amoled Plus screen, which is better than Nokia's Clear Black Display...

karthikrg

Right off the assembly line
S2 anyday. Lumia 800 has lot of bugs (esp related to battery charging). Plus the hardware features are much better on the S2.

red dragon

Master troll
Pixels Per Inch.

Doesn't make much difference, since S2 has a Super Amoled Plus screen, which is better than Nokia's Clear Black Display...
Not really,the Clear back display is really great,if not better than samoled plus of gs2.
Lumia is a very good phone BUT the audio quality is as bad as gs2(expected better audio from Nokia)

red dragon

Master troll
S2 anyday. Lumia 800 has lot of bugs (esp related to battery charging). Plus the hardware features are much better on the S2.

GS2 also has/had loads of bugs.
The hw of gs2 is not fully utilized by Android till now(probably it will never be)
Winmo7 is far more optimized for the hw.
SGS2 like all Android phones,lag here and there.
Lumia despite its hw and sw limitation;runs even smoother than 4s.
But it is slightly overpriced atm,another reduction of 2k,it will be a great buy.

red dragon

Master troll
It's like comparing chalk & cheese! SGSII is a generation ahead of Lumia. Lumia scores only on polycarbonate housing.

It is probably the other way around.
I have a gs2 and know what I am talking about.
@o.p,for internet surfing alone Sensation XE is better than GS2,texts in almost every standard webpage look blurry without zooming in gs2(blame low res for that)

Last edited:

red dragon

Master troll
I..

Galaxy S2 browsing experience is on par with any other phone in the market. You will not be disappointed.

Your actual choice should be between Samsung Galaxy S2 and Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Lumia is not yet affordable enough or mature enough yet.

Personally, if I could afford it, I would get he Galaxy Nexus... Pure Google phone...

Browsing experience is the weakest point of gs2.

I hope you know the PURE GOOGLE PHONE CANNOT PLAY xvid/mkv natively?
All 3rd party video players are junks compared to the touch wiz video player.

Top Bottom