CHIP India has shut down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Raaabo,
- Are you following some of our famous Hindi film stars and set your forum name as per some numerology equation? :)
- I have for long been thinking that you could really be more environment friendly and reduce the load by omitting the discs. The option of a subscription without disc has made me curious and will definitely consider that. (I am not a current subscriber of Digit although I buy it off the stands occasionally. I am a subscriber of CHIP and do not know what is going to happen to that.)
- To compensate for the discs, I would suggest you to offer a monthly updated webpage with links to download all the software provided on the discs.
- The 'print' technology magazine that I liked best based on the quality of print and presentation had to be PCWORLD. CHIP was poor but improved recently.
- The best 'website' however is Digit. And Raaabo, congratulations for inventing a brilliant addition to 'Digit' alone ;)
- I understand the points that Raaabo makes in his posts before and agree with it. I also agree with the other people here who feel a print magazine feels better. Although the news component of a monthly print magazine may become outdated by the time it reaches the subscribers, the other sections do not. And even in the news, I find quite a few items that I had missed in my trawl of internet.
- Really sad at the demise of CHIP and wishing all the best and my full support to the digit team in their future. As Raaabo seems to be doing here, listening to your customers is the best way to develop a relationship with them and ensure their support. You have just won mine from this thread alone :)
- SS.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Btw, is Chip really dead??? I just bought the September 2013 issue of the Indian edition!!! Is this thing a hoax??? :-/ :mad:

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
I also saw the September 2013 issue/edition of IC-Chip on the newsstand.

How come it has been closed?????????

OP
The Sorcerer

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Btw, is Chip really dead??? I just bought the September 2013 issue of the Indian edition!!! Is this thing a hoax??? :-/ :mad:
That is the last month edition. The team was sacked at the later part of August when usually publications who are done with drafting the entire monthly edition for the next month.

I think overdrive is the only/couple of magazines that will still be active. A lot of magazine publications were shut down. I never thought it would go down like this, one after the other. But on the bright side, it shows who earns and who sells a lot of magazines out there. I don't think fashion/ladies and movie genre magazines are affected though.

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Raaabo,
- Are you following some of our famous Hindi film stars and set your forum name as per some numerology equation? :)
- I have for long been thinking that you could really be more environment friendly and reduce the load by omitting the discs. The option of a subscription without disc has made me curious and will definitely consider that. (I am not a current subscriber of Digit although I buy it off the stands occasionally. I am a subscriber of CHIP and do not know what is going to happen to that.)
- To compensate for the discs, I would suggest you to offer a monthly updated webpage with links to download all the software provided on the discs.
- The 'print' technology magazine that I liked best based on the quality of print and presentation had to be PCWORLD. CHIP was poor but improved recently.
- The best 'website' however is Digit. And Raaabo, congratulations for inventing a brilliant addition to 'Digit' alone ;)
- I understand the points that Raaabo makes in his posts before and agree with it. I also agree with the other people here who feel a print magazine feels better. Although the news component of a monthly print magazine may become outdated by the time it reaches the subscribers, the other sections do not. And even in the news, I find quite a few items that I had missed in my trawl of internet.
- Really sad at the demise of CHIP and wishing all the best and my full support to the digit team in their future. As Raaabo seems to be doing here, listening to your customers is the best way to develop a relationship with them and ensure their support. You have just won mine from this thread alone :)
- SS.
1. Don't believe in numerology
2. DVDs are easily recyclable these days. We've made a good offer for existing magazine subscribers, though it ended recently. Will check if we can start it again. Write to help @ thinkdigit dot com and ask for offers for existing subscribers of other magazines, I am sure they will help you find a good deal.
3. We give the contents on the preview / feedback page, just an additional Google search for what you like will get you the download link.
4. I always found PC World to be a little too basic, good for people to start with and then move on to Digit :)
5. Thanks
6. We don't even try and break news, what we do is try and add some insight / update to news everyone already knows, and of course we make it more diverse than just phone and tablet news, which is only what everyone seems to read these days.
7. We've always listened to our readers from the start, and will always do so.

ok But do u ppl pay for it ?
Mostly no, but if we need something and companies cannot provide it, then we buy. Everything is eventually returned, we just get media samples to use and sometimes keep for a long duration. Besides, everything is kept in the Test Centre inventory, and we sometimes use left over stuff for demos we do for readers - such as when we held the build your own PC bootcamp some years ago, where we broke open some expensive GPUs, etc., to show readers what is inside :)

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Actually the forums need massive improvements.. Especially the search functionality..
The search functionality is just TOXIC.. Whatever key words i search, it will point me to appropriate thread but not the correct page.. WTF is this ? 1990 ?

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
There was an offer for refugees of other magazines that have stopped print. I am not able to find the thread.
Anyone knows where is it?

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
There was an offer for refugees of other magazines that have stopped print. I am not able to find the thread.
Anyone knows where is it?

Offer's ended, but write to help@thinkdigit and cc me (editor @ thinkdigit) and we can work something out I am sure :)

Don

Broken In
Im sorry to reply to thread this late, but I had to say that Im relly sad to know that Chip is dead. I worked at InfoMedia18 in my college days, and my heart was attached there. I knew they are sacking people, but removing Chip is really hurting.

RIP Chip :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom