CHIP India has shut down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
And so the pink slips continue at the Network18 group. Clear signs that the company is trying to bring efficiencies into what was once a bloated organisation. This time the layoffs have happened at Infomedia 18, the group's publishing arm, which has laid off journos at Chip magazine today. The journos were given marching orders but were given three months severance pay in order to allow them to tide over until they get another job.

Source: Indian Television Dot Com > News Headline >Infomedia's Chip's journos get marching orders

sujoyp

Grand Master
hmm soo chip magazine is down ....I really liked the quality of paper they used on magazine :)

Flash

Lost in speed
So, no CHIP magazine will be available in India hereafter?
Once ordered a magazine with them, it was a terrible experience with tracking.. :| and that's my last though..

OP
The Sorcerer

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
lol, I remember some people said 'You know, chip gives some certificates to advertisers only irrespective of how the product is and emphasize on our brand. You should do the same if you want to be as successful as them'. :p.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I used to buy chip magazeine when jasubhai group was attached to them...then Digit came and I got only 2-3 chip magazine after that ...

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Before 2011:
Chip was 10 times better than Digit Magazines
Now,
All are crap :) No offense thinkdigit

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Man I like CHIP magazines :(

So now there are no other PC/Tech focused magazines except Digit?

Renny

Padawan
These mags have now become obsolete, why pay ~150 when you got all the info free on the internet..

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Digit should reduce price to Rs.100 otherwise we might hear soon- "DIGIT Magazine has shut down!"
+1, for this.
Days of shutdown is not far away,if Broadband prices are optimised more(May be reduced or increase in Bandwidth...)for most of us netizens.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Though mostly all of us(including myself) use BB Internet connection from various ISP's,still I used to buy and also purchase the SPECIAL/COLLECTORS editions of both IC-Chip and thinkdigit.
Purchase from newsstand ONLY.

Never a subscriber of IC-Chip nor thinkdigit.

digik

Journeyman
+1, for this.
Days of shutdown is not far away,if Broadband prices are optimised more(May be reduced or increase in Bandwidth...)for most of us netizens.

BB prices will be optimised and effective speed will be reduced. You will subscribe to a connection without knowing this, perhaps!!!:)

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Sad.

Weeks ago Network18 layoff 500ppl total from CNNIBN and IBN7.People say reliance engineered it.

The buzz now is even NDTV is layingoff this week.

Very bad economic situation in industry currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom