Chinese surfers see red over Microsoft black-outs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
They raided again, six months back here in Mangalore. Posing as students, they went to assemblers to load/buy pirated windows. They then booked them on the spot.

OMG!!! Mangalore!!!
I just hope they don't come poking their noses into people's houses....

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
They raided again, six months back here in Mangalore. Posing as students, they went to assemblers to load/buy pirated windows. They then booked them on the spot.

EEEEEKKKSSS !!! r u serious??

Ashis said:
.......& I thought I was the only stupid.
But it seams I have some serious competitors!

all the best ... better luck next time.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
EEEEEKKKSSS !!! r u serious??.

Yes, they did the same in Gujarat some time back

*www.itvarnews.net/news/journal_com...1&sTitle=SITA takes up arms against Microsoft

*www.businessweek.com/innovate/content/jul2007/id20070725_504325.htm

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
I do not have Microsoft Office as I cannot afford it.
just curious .. what did you do when someone send you a xls/doc file before writely (google docs)?

sakumar79

Technomancer
Open Office.org has been around for quite a while now... Earlier, there were only fewer alternatives like Lotus Smartsuite and Corel Office which were mostly paid software but cheaper... But for a few years we have OpenOffice which has most of the MS Office features...

Arun

I personally find OpenOffice.org more comfortable to work with than MS Office, but for those who don't need a FULL FLEDGED office suite, I think Lotus Symphony rocks. Its interface easily pwns msoffice and even openoffice. I love the tabbed interface and the sidebar.

chandru.in

In the zone
I hate piracy. Why the hell do they pirate when they can use legally free and better quality software. I hope MS raids more shops and institutes in India and confiscates every single computer loaded with pirated software there.

I hate piracy. Why the hell do they pirate when they can use legally free and better quality software. I hope MS raids more shops and institutes in India and confiscates every single computer loaded with pirated software there.
They can't, because they don't own the computers. The max they can do is sue pirates.
The "raids" are mainly about FINDING places where piracy exists and/or originates and legally eliminating them.

Jayanth.M.P

Journeyman
Even if microsoft finds Pirated Copy of windows installed on your machine. the best they can do is erase it with some specialized software so that you cannot recover it.

You cannot go to jail for "just using pirated software". They will need to find intent to distribute even to file a case.

Even if microsoft finds Pirated Copy of windows installed on your machine. the best they can do is erase it with some specialized software so that you cannot recover it.

You cannot go to jail for "just using pirated software". They will need to find intent to distribute even to file a case.
And they can't damage any other stuff in the harddisc while erazing windows from it.

Thus, the BEST possible solution MS has is to harass pirates of windows with goofy updates which screw the system. And I whole heartedly support this technique.

ambika

learnhardy

Piracy can't be stop by raids or something like that in few shops and institions of india.It stops totally by customers morality that not to use these pirated versions of software .This is the must conditions .:D

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
I agree. I also hope they enlist the help of Raj thackeray in this 'cleansing' mission .

krinish

Journeyman
What Idiotic mor0ns!!! It would take some time coming out of that centuries old hibernation.
They dont know or want to learn of what they have lost out on learning the new wold order. They still think its the Ming dynasity.
Chinese are arrogant and clueless and brainwashed.....

but thanks for that peice of laughter. Got off to a great early morning start.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
What Idiotic mor0ns!!! It would take some time coming out of that centuries old hibernation.
They dont know or want to learn of what they have lost out on learning the new wold order. They still think its the Ming dynasity.
Chinese are arrogant and clueless and brainwashed..... :D:D

but thanks for that peice of laughter. Got off to a great early morning start.

:D

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
Thus, the BEST possible solution MS has is to harass pirates of windows with goofy updates which screw the system. And I whole heartedly support this technique.

goffy updates?? that happens to people with genuine windows!! pirated versions work fine as they v updates off!!

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
"Why is Microsoft automatically connected with my computer? The computer is mine!" one angry blogger wrote on popular Chinese web portal Sina.com. "Microsoft has no right to control my hardware without my agreement."
Thi user knows nothing about PCs.
"If the price of genuine software was lower than the fake one, who would buy the fake one?" he wrote.
This one, even less. :p
"If, when I'm programing, the computer screen goes black, that will probably cause some important information to be lost," he said. "Who will pay me for my loss then?"
programing shoud have been pro-gaming in the sentence. :lol: Obviously he does not understand the essentials.
"I respect the right of Microsoft to protect its intellectual property, but it is taking on the wrong target with wrong measures. They should target producers and sellers of fake software, not users."
I somewhat agree. THis is a viewpoint seldom taken. :neutral:

NucleusKore said:
They deserve it, the thieves
Who? chinese or MS? :lol:

stormgrab said:
microsoft sux chinese rock
:confused:

iMav said:
I thought the Chinesse were intelligent
I wouldnt assume anything based on a mere Media report. :neutral:

MucleusKore said:
This is so c0ol. :D

MetalheadGautham said:
I personally find OpenOffice.org more comfortable to work with than MS Office, but for those who don't need a FULL FLEDGED office suite, I think Lotus Symphony rocks. Its interface easily pwns msoffice and even openoffice. I love the tabbed interface and the sidebar.
Have you used MS Office 2007? I think you have not used anything later than MS Office XP. Office 2003 revamped the stuff a bit. Office 2007 was a complete overhaul. Seen it, believed it. :) Arguably the best interface any Office suite for Windows has till date => MS Office 2007. Digit, Chip, Pcworld. All have said that.

chandru.in said:
C'mon dude. This microsoft-sucks-linux-rox stuff does NOT appeal everyone. Just a viewpoint. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom