Chinese Army takes part in I-Day celebration in Arunachal

Status
Not open for further replies.

iinfi

mekalodu
Chinese Army takes part in I-Day celebration in Arunachal

A 300-strong Chinese delegation including military personnel, their families and civilians from across the border came to an Indian Army [Images] post located at 15,300 feet, atop the Arunachal Himalayas, to celebrate India's 62nd Independence Day in response to an invitation from the Indian Army.

The Chinese delegation, led by Colonel Yan Zi Jing of the People's Liberation Army, was given a ceremonial welcome, saluted the tricolour that was unfurled at Bumla post by Brigadier Ashok Amre.

The delegation was treated to a colourful cultural show that included a high-voltage Bhangra dance by the jawans of the Indian Army, a spectacular folk dance and other performances by a cultural troupe from Manipur.

The celebrations was marked by both sides exchanging gifts. Addressing the occasion, Col Jing of Chinese Army said, "Today another step has been taken towards cementing peace and strengthening cultural ties between the two great neighbours."

"We are honoured to be invited to join the celebrations of anniversary of India's Independence. I wish you border troops all prosperity and hope for a stronger bond between two great armies," Jing said.

Brigadier Arora of Indian Army said, "This occasion today presents another great opportunity to strengthen and further resolve the peace and tranquility along the border. We have made tremendous progress in past years in maintaining the sanctity of the border. Such occasions and interaction between the two armies will help further strengthen the ties between the two countries."

Officials of both the armies also held a brief closed-door meeting before the start of the cultural programme. The Chinese delegation enjoyed the Indian Army's hospitality to the maximum, feasting on the dishes that were on offer.

The thin air at 15000 feet reverberated with the sound of celebrations. Both Indians and Chinese exchanged gifts, mementoes and currency notes to mark the occasion.

"I am very happy about the way your people and army officials are taking care of us. I am enjoying it very much," said Pan Li, a lady doctor who has served the Chinese Army for four years.

hmmm... no comments

nix

the chinese are playing mindgames. one side,they make incursions and now they salute the tricolor. if they liked india so much, then why wasnt our PM invited for the olympics?. sonia gandhi was invited. this is a snub to india. clearly they know where power lies. we should be more aggressive in our stance towards china. china is a threat and the US knows it. we should get along with the US and cut china to size...

Renny

Padawan
the chinese are playing mindgames. one side,they make incursions and now they salute the tricolor. if they liked india so much, then why wasnt our PM invited for the olympics?. sonia gandhi was invited. this is a snub to india. clearly they know where power lies. we should be more aggressive in our stance towards china. china is a threat and the US knows it. we should get along with the US and cut china to size...

+100000000

They are just playing mind games with us, there's no reason why we cant stand up to them, our military has the numbers, experience to bring them to their knees,

We have 2.9 million armed troops while they have 3 million,

We need to be aggressive towards the Chinese just like how they are towards us and we need politicians with some real gutts.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^we should persuade usa to nuke china removing scum out of it...lolz

guess u were near enough to see the trees, but failed to see forest

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^nah dawg!

lets nuke them ourselves and blame teh US.:D,with both of them down with enough uranium up their arses we can take over the world.*evil*

Renny

Padawan
Snubbing our PM by not inviting him to the Olympics and at the same time celebrating Independence day with our Army, its like applying salt and medicine at the same time to a wound :-? .

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^nah dawg!

lets nuke them ourselves and blame teh US.:D,with both of them down with enough uranium up their arses we can take over the world.*evil*
yeah a rad bar will help then *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/88.png

Snubbing our PM by not inviting him to the Olympics and at the same time celebrating Independence day with our Army, its like applying salt and medicine at the same time to a wound :-? .
does that bear repercussions so severe like you got a hateful notion for everything about China.

We don't rule, we are ruled by some a$$hats. People are good, politicians (mostly) and corrupts are bad.

Just a thought:
"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within"

So watch out our own nation than looking over others pie. Try to appreciate something good instead of instilling catalyzing views.

PS: I don't stand here judging someone, just a few cents I learned.

Last edited:

Renny

Padawan
^ No I don't hate everything about China, only incidents like this are irritating(Muscle flexing, frequent border incursions).

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
The Gandhis were invited and they went too. So I find nothing wrong with them not inviting the PM

Renny

Padawan
^ But Mrs.Gandhi isn't the official head of state, they have invited the heads of other countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom