Check if IPv6 is working with your ISP.

Gauravs90

geek........
Hi....

As you all know IPv6 has been recently launched. Can you all post if your ISP is able to open an IPv6 address. For ex copy and paste this address in your browser.

*[2002:c247:6b96::1]
(I'm not here to promote piracy, but above link should open piratebay.se, Piratebay began using IPv6 address in order to avoid ISP blocking.:lol:)

So, Pls check with your respective ISP's and post here.

dude_gamer

Half Life2-Follow Freeman
ISP : MTNL Mumbai

In URL it showing thepiratebay.se but i got the message:
"This site has been blocked as per the instructions of Competent Authority"

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
ISP : BSNL
Place : Kolkata

Status : Page not opening. Says, "Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to [2002:c247:6b96::1]".

Looks like BSNL doesn't support IPv6 yet.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
ISP : MTNL
Place : Delhi

Result: Internal communication error
(not surprizing)

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Pages must open as they use now torredo tunneling for IPv6. Its strange that they are not opening.
mine:

ISP: Airtel, bhopal

Its opening but page is blocked. Using IPv4 opens TPB though. :? I explicitly remember that IPv6 address for TPB was working yesterday (not blocked). Seems ISPs are moving ahead.

Siddharth_1

EXTREME
ISP - Airtel Delhi

It opens thepiratebay.se with this message:
"This website/URL has been blocked until further notice either pursuant to Court orders or on the Directions issued by the Department of Telecommunications"

Does it mean IPv6 is working?

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
ISP - Airtel Delhi

It opens thepiratebay.se with this message:
"This website/URL has been blocked until further notice either pursuant to Court orders or on the Directions issued by the Department of Telecommunications"

Does it mean IPv6 is working?

errrm Yeah it means IPv6 works :wink:

edit-
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at [2002:c247:6b96::1].

Last edited:

Siddharth_1

EXTREME
^^why this errrm. I know its a noob question and piratebay servers are blocked. But i was confused that IPv6 is working or not because gaurav said that piratebay began using IPv6 address in order to avoid ISP blocking and the website was blocked.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^^why this errrm. I know its a noob question and piratebay servers are blocked. But i was confused that IPv6 is working or not because gaurav said that piratebay began using IPv6 address in order to avoid ISP blocking and the website was blocked.

seems ISP have blokced their IPv6 now too. the normal HTTPS before the site name should open it. The fact that you get a blocked message means IPv6 is a go on your BB :wink:

Siddharth_1

EXTREME
^^Yes thepiratebay is blocked but only on broadband connections and not on cellular data connections. So you could use net dongles, 2g, 3g, and 4g to access the site. If you dont have or do not want to use cellular data then you can use cache sites and google cache to access the site using your broadband connection.

clmlbx

Technomancer
pirate, isohunt, desitorrents.. is working again.. is it because of ipv6, well I have not added any IPv6 DNS server

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^^Yes thepiratebay is blocked but only on broadband connections and not on cellular data connections. So you could use net dongles, 2g, 3g, and 4g to access the site. If you dont have or do not want to use cellular data then you can use cache sites and google cache to access the site using your broadband connection.

nope...it blocked on IDEA cellular :-?

I will check IPv6 when my net connection is up.:mrgreen:

Siddharth_1

EXTREME
^^some cellular data networks might have blocked it. Its working on vodafone. And Tata has also not blocked it cus its working on my bother's tata's net dongle.

Top Bottom