Cheapest possible setup!!

tkin

Back to school!!
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Browsing, chatting, facebook etc, all that girly stuff.

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: Yes

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: As cheap as possible.

4. Planning to overclock?
A: Hell no.

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: XP/7

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: 160GB

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: Not needed

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 9(modest?)

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: Yes, I will assemble myself.

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: Next month

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: No.

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: Already have, monitor, speaker, mouse, kb, ups.

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Kolkata, local purchase

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: Will be used by epic noobs, so any thing will do, config for neighbour.

Last edited:

d3p

PowerHouse
i think it would have nice, if you have filled this.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/128247-pc-build-questionnaire-template.html

Cilus

laborare est orare
AMD Athlon II X2 250 @ 2.7K
Asus M4A78LT-M LE @ 2.6K
2 GB Corsair 1333 MHz Value Ram @ 1.035K
500 GB Seagate @ 2.6K
Odessy 500W SMPS @ 0.5K
Zebronics/Iball/Frontech Cabinet w/o SMPS @ 0.7K

Cheaper configuration is still possible but then you have to go for older hardware which may have problem in quality and future upgrades. You can go for AM4N68T models from different brands like Gigabyte or Asus available @ 2.2 to 2.3K range but that will downgrade the HT link, has poor nVidia onboard graphics. For ram, check some non-Hynix chipset based rams, available @ 0.8K. Also the processor and motherboard street price is lower than the quoted price in Kolkata.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
i think it would have nice, if you have filled this.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/128247-pc-build-questionnaire-template.html
Done
10 chars

AMD Athlon II X2 250 @ 2.7K
Asus M4A78LT-M LE @ 2.6K
2 GB Corsair 1333 MHz Value Ram @ 1.035K
500 GB Seagate @ 2.6K
Odessy 500W SMPS @ 0.5K
Zebronics/Iball/Frontech Cabinet w/o SMPS @ 0.7K

Cheaper configuration is still possible but then you have to go for older hardware which may have problem in quality and future upgrades. You can go for AM4N68T models from different brands like Gigabyte or Asus available @ 2.2 to 2.3K range but that will downgrade the HT link, has poor nVidia onboard graphics. For ram, check some non-Hynix chipset based rams, available @ 0.8K. Also the processor and motherboard street price is lower than the quoted price in Kolkata.
MOAR Cheaper, neighbour is cheap as hell, wants pc for 5k, satisfied with an overheating P4 3Ghz with HT so anything will do, old, archaic etc.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Even cheaper config.
* Intel ATOM Combo --- 3k
* 2nd Hand 160GB HDD --- 0.5k
* 1GB DDR2 RAM --- 0.8k
* IBall/Frontech 500W PSU + Case --- 0.8k
Total ----- 5.1k

But incase u dont find an old HDD, then u will have to go with a new 500GB as anything lesser than it will be very hard to find. So with a new 500GB HDD :-
WDC Blue 500GB --- 1.7k
Total ---- 6.3k

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Even cheaper config.
* Intel ATOM Combo --- 3k
* 2nd Hand 160GB HDD --- 0.5k
* 1GB DDR2 RAM --- 0.8k
* IBall/Frontech 500W PSU + Case --- 0.8k
Total ----- 5.1k

But incase u dont find an old HDD, then u will have to go with a new 500GB as anything lesser than it will be very hard to find. So with a new 500GB HDD :-
WDC Blue 500GB --- 1.7k
Total ---- 6.3k
Thanks, what about zacate barebones?

d3p

PowerHouse
Buy this combo,

Intel p4 + D915GAV - 1350 [actuals] + 300 [shipping] = 1650

DDR2 1GB - 1k transcend

HDD: 160GB - 0.5k

cabinet: Intex, Frontech, I Ball with smps - 1k.

4.1k all done.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Buy this combo,

Intel p4 + D915GAV - 1350 [actuals] + 300 [shipping] = 1650

DDR2 1GB - 1k transcend

HDD: 160GB - 0.5k

cabinet: Intex, Frontech, I Ball with smps - 1k.

4.1k all done.
Oh my, P4's are still around?

Top Bottom