Cheapest possible 15" laptop

aroraanant

Explorer
Asus X54 will be the best option I think.But if you need much better performance then you have to get i5, which will cost you atleast around 32k(a good laptop can be bought at that price)

OP
papul1993

papul1993

not a newbie.....
Asus X54 will be the best option I think.But if you need much better performance then you have to get i5, which will cost you atleast around 32k(a good laptop can be bought at that price)

What about core i3? I don't need a powerful lappy. Enough juice to run basic apps is enough.

As I mentioned in the main post, my primary requirement is 24x7 runtime capability.

OP
papul1993

papul1993

not a newbie.....
The Asus 54C looks like a nice option. Will I be able to swap the hdd for a ssd on this laptop? Any cheap 128GB SSD recommendations?

I can't even see the X54 series on the Asus india site. :(

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
If you're sure you just want to make your laptop as download rig, then brazos (E-450) is fine. But if you intend to use it for other apps, then in the long run, it will surely feel underpowered. So, at least go for Pentium Dual Core or i3 (coupled with 4GB of RAM). And as Sam said, don't club SSD with brazos as they're too slow to take advantage of SSD. For SSD, look out for Crucial m4.

OP
papul1993

papul1993

not a newbie.....
If you're sure you just want to make your laptop as download rig, then brazos (E-450) is fine. But if you intend to use it for other apps, then in the long run, it will surely feel underpowered. So, at least go for Pentium Dual Core or i3 (coupled with 4GB of RAM). And as Sam said, don't club SSD with brazos as they're too slow to take advantage of SSD. For SSD, look out for Crucial m4.

Not going for AMD. Terrible Linux support. Yes I am going for Intel i3 2nd generation.

Top Bottom