cellphone locked!! :(((

tv6952

Broken In
hello everyone!:grin:
does anyone know how i can open a nokia 5233 i own which got locked and now i don't remember the lockcode..:neutral:
any idea's? i can format it n do everything coz ol the data is on memory card and the sim card..so please HELP!!!:!::!::!::!::!:

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
No idea bro...

You might want to try to reinstall the ROM... Maybe try a custom ROM. It will format your phone, but maybe you might be able to recover your phone...

Check out -- Nokia 5233RM625|5230.RM588/C6v41.0.010 I©ebeat?2 Symbian Belle [RELEASED]

*i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii101/icelink_006/V41/Scr000014-1.jpg

*i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii101/icelink_006/V41/Scr000015-1.jpg

There are a few other custom ROMs for 5233 on that forum...

All the best...

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
hello everyone!:grin:
does anyone know how i can open a nokia 5233 i own which got locked and now i don't remember the lockcode..:neutral:
any idea's? i can format it n do everything coz ol the data is on memory card and the sim card..so please HELP!!!:!::!::!::!::!:

but u can take the backup of Memory Card & Sim Card manually...:cool:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Updating phone software can help in this.

It won't.

@OP- Try hard format by using some key combination- hold the following buttons * (star key), 3 (number button) and talk/green key. turn on the phone and do not release those buttons until you see the Nokia boot up screen. once you feel the phone power up you can let go off the power button while still holding all three buttons.

Zangetsu

@OP- Try hard format by using some key combination- hold the following buttons * (star key), 3 (number button) and talk/green key. turn on the phone and do not release those buttons until you see the Nokia boot up screen. once you feel the phone power up you can let go off the power button while still holding all three buttons.

OP phone is locked by a code....so no dialing button (5233 is touchscreen)

google will help more in unlocking the phone

I think OP can't access the phone menu & home screen.

OP
T

tv6952

Broken In
No idea bro...

You might want to try to reinstall the ROM... Maybe try a custom ROM. It will format your phone, but maybe you might be able to recover your phone...

Check out -- Nokia 5233RM625|5230.RM588/C6v41.0.010 I©ebeat?2 Symbian Belle [RELEASED]

*i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii101/icelink_006/V41/Scr000014-1.jpg

*i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii101/icelink_006/V41/Scr000015-1.jpg

There are a few other custom ROMs for 5233 on that forum...

All the best...

how do i do that ? i have never flashed a phone..

OP
T

tv6952

Broken In
but i also want to try it now..u know about any tutorial vids?

and yes it is LOCKED so when i connect it to the computer it won't detect t cell phone also...then how do i flash it? and how does one flash a cellphone ? some more help please!!

TheLetterD

Will Power
OP Listen!
IF All you see are the numerical keypad on the screen
I think you have blocked your sim! I accidently did this to my 5233 too! DONT trey anything ! You may permanently block your sim! I recommend you call your service provider on their helpline no. and ask them your code!
Usually the default code is 0000 or 1234
THAT solved MY problem! Hope it'll solve yours! Best of luck

red dragon

Master troll
So o.p has a SIM lock not a phone lock!?
And we are suggesting custom ROMs,update etc!
Amazing,really amazing!!
Now mods will delete this post too!
Awesome!!

Sent from Galaxy S2

Zangetsu

but i also want to try it now..u know about any tutorial vids?
updating firmware of Nokia is simple...
u just need Nokia PC Suite + Nokia Software Updator :cool:
then connect your phone to PC & download the auto update firmware which is 90~100MB in size.

but the phone is not detected then its not possible from home.

better take it to nokia service center :))

and yes it is LOCKED so when i connect it to the computer it won't detect t cell phone also
pls focus on bold part...to clear the doubt that SIM is locked.:grin:

mrintech

Technomancer
@OP

Go to Nokia Care and reset/unlock the phone from there

Don't try flashing if you don't know what it is? you may brick your whole phone

I highly recommend you to go to Nokia Care

red dragon

Master troll
If your SIM is locked,Nokia will not do anything.You will have to contact your service provider.

If you have locked your phone(not SIM)Nokia can/will unlock it.

Usually 3 faulty attempts to unlock SIM make it locked fully.

Sent from Galaxy S2

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^3 wrong attempts while entering PIN= SIM locked (temporarily)

You can unlock the then locked SIM by entering PUK code which is restriced to enter 10 times (in whole life and doesn't resets after SIM is unlocked).

If PUK is entered wrong 10 times, SIM has to be replaced now.

OP
T

tv6952

Broken In
the sim is NOT locked!! the cellphone is only locked..but still thank you all for ur help :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::)) i am going to take it to nokia care now..

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
I don't understand, how is installing a custom ROM going to help him in this case? If he wanted to do that, he could have easily hard reset his phone too. He requires the data on his phones internal memory and the SIM card that is why taking it to Nokia care is the best option.
But I don't know if he can use the Nokia Ovi suit with a locked phone. That would have been worth a try for backing up the phone contents and then restoring them after hard resetting it himself.

Top Bottom