Cell Phone suggestion under 17K.

Suhail Malik

Broken In
Hi their everone....

I am planning of purchasing a mobile phone under 17K in next couple of days and I need some suggestions regarding the same.

I was thinking of grabbing a Omnia W but the fact is that it has a couple of limitations (Just 8Gb of storage, no file manager, etc ,etc)......
So, please comment regarding my decision.

If there are some other better alternatives, then,

What do I want in my phone?
Slim profile,
720p Video Recording & playback,
At least 5MP camera,
A 3.2" Crisp Screen,
Expandable memory (optional),
A qwerty keyboard (optional)
Front Camera (optional).

Thanks.....

aroraanant

Explorer
Omnia W is a windows phone.
I suggest you to go for android.
In the mentioned price bracket Neo V is the best option for you.

OP
S

Suhail Malik

Broken In
Not NEO V please bcoz i pretty much hate that bulged out shape.... and even that 1.1cm thickness (which surely dosent make the phone look a bit slim).
I also hate its display technology which is just the SEs teaditional "deep black LCD" technology.

SO, pleasssseeeee suggest me a slim phone with good looks under the said price range.

But still thanx tech freak and aroraanant for ur suggestions towards my post.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Since you dont like the Omnia W, what do you think about iPhone 3gs? Well yes its old. But its good and supports iOS 5. Costs 19k appx.

You may also have a look at Motorolla Defy+

rajeevk

Journeyman
If you are interested in Android then Motorola Defy Plus (as @thetechfreak suggested) is a better option.

OP
S

Suhail Malik

Broken In
neither defy+ nor the 3gs support HD vedio playback so, im surely not gonna purchase em.
but.... hwever to me right now, xperia ray seems a bit good phone with good looks and soon ICS update. So, maybe im gonna grab a RAY.

But still, if better substitudes are available, plz mention them too.

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
so as per your queries, I would suggest LG Optimus 2X, here's why..

Slim profile - Optimus 2X is very slim, its 10.9 mm

720p Video Recording & playback - It has 1080p Video capture at 24fps, 720p at 30fps

At least 5MP camera - 8 MP rear, 1.3 MP front facing.

A 3.2" Crisp Screen - 4 inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen

Expandable memory - yes

A qwerty keyboard - No

Front Camera - Yes

Price, around 18K, just 1K over your budget.

OP
S

Suhail Malik

Broken In
@aroraanant r u makin a fool outta me???

I checked all the specs, watched all reviews and at last I found that this phone costs 25K far above my mentioned price range.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ it cost 18-19k only when it was last available online. Online sites say its discontinued. Maybe local shops may still have it. Visit LG showroom.

aroraanant

Explorer
@suhail
I hope you have got the reply.
We always suggest you according to the latest price,so don't worry no one is trying to make a fool out of you.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends

I checked all the specs, watched all reviews and at last I found that this phone costs 25K far above my mentioned price range.
Well, this forum doesn't have many members who like making a fool out of others.

Have a look at this-
*www.letsbuy.com/lg-optimus-2x-p990-p-16928

Although the phone is out of stock here the price is around 6k less than htcypu mentioned.
Same price at flipkart. And yes its out of stock there too. These are the prices from the best online Indian site. You might find it even cheaper at other sites :wink:

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!

This forum has members which are far more mature and serious than any other forum in the WORLD. I have been a member of several different Indian as well as foreign forums, and the members are pathetic, you should always feel at home here at Digit forum with all these Pros and tech geeks around. So, no fooling around, we suggest you go for LG Optimus 2X, as my last post,

desiJATT said:
so as per your queries, I would suggest LG Optimus 2X, here's why..

Slim profile - Optimus 2X is very slim, its 10.9 mm

720p Video Recording & playback - It has 1080p Video capture at 24fps, 720p at 30fps

At least 5MP camera - 8 MP rear, 1.3 MP front facing.

A 3.2" Crisp Screen - 4 inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen

Expandable memory - yes

A qwerty keyboard - No

Front Camera - Yes

Price, around 18K, just 1K over your budget.

You can find this phone easily in ANY LG Outlet, almost all LG outlets have every product which LG offers, available. Best of luck!

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon

All are pros here,No one will fool you.They are suggesting out of their own expericence or by critics review,You can get it online for lesser price

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
You can find this phone easily in ANY LG Outlet, almost all LG outlets have every product which LG offers, available. Best of luck!

thats the only place where O2X can be had but will cost more than street price. maybe 20k. but worth it as galaxy R being lower spec'd than O2X cost 23-24k now.

Top Bottom