CDs Not Burning Properly. Plz Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
of late im having some problems regarding my hardware. first of all here's my specs:

pIV 1.6 ghz socket 478 willamette
256 mb rdram
intel d850mv mobo
40 gb pata hdd seagate
52x lg cd-rom
52x24x52x iomega cd writer
300w PSU (built-in with the mercury cabinet)
64 mb ddr xfx geforce 4mx 440se AGP 4x card
etc...

now here's the problems:

1) the tray of my lg cdrom drive is not opening for some time now. whenever i press the eject button of the drive the light goes up for sometime but the tray doesn't come out.

2) cds are not burning properly. nero is failing to close the session stating lack of power. changing the media hasn't slove the problem.

3) sometimes ago there was some noises coming out of the PSU fan. it even stopped a couple of times. right now it is working ok.

4) games often crashes in the middle restarting the pc.

what's the problem/s with my pc? recently i have reinstalled windows (xp sp2) but that hasn't change anything. plz help.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Seems..that u have lot of problem.I will suggest u reinstall the window....Install the latest driver...update ur BIOS...if the problem continue..must show ur cabinate to any hardware technician.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
The power supply might be the culprit here.
The PC restart during gaming could be due to overheating of CPU / Mobo / Graphics card or may also be due to inadequate power available for components.

The CD Tray not opening might be a mechanical issue.

hrushij

Broken In
hey. what is this problem can any one suggest me
i can't write RW discs since last year on LG CED 8080B 8x4x32
isn;t it strange!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
[b]ravi_pintu2001@yahoo.com[/b] wrote:
Seems..that u have lot of problem.I will suggest u reinstall the window....Install the latest driver...update ur BIOS...if the problem continue..must show ur cabinate to any hardware technician.

i have already reinstalled windows to no avail. the bios and drivers are up to date, so is windows.

patkim wrote:
The power supply might be the culprit here.
The PC restart during gaming could be due to overheating of CPU / Mobo / Graphics card or may also be due to inadequate power available for components.

i forgot to mention another thing. the fan of the graphics card is not operating. it lay still even though the cpu is working properly. can this be attributed to the power supply failure?

N.B.- i may be a little late to answer but plz keep on posting. i need help badly. thanks in advance.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Graphic card needs a dedicated power supply .. The fan on the Gpu should work or your card will be fried. The symptoms given by you suggest that your PSU is gone .. Get a new power supply ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom