cd rom not workin..

Status
Not open for further replies.

anil_861

Broken In
help me guys........

no cd-rom is seen in the my computer panel and also in device manager... i had alos tried by adding new hardware option , but it didnt work. wat to do??????????????

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Re: help me guys........

i think ur xp has been crupted...by missing sm files.This may has happened due to improper shutdown.
try restoring the system to its best know time.
This may solve ur problem......other thing u can do is remove the drive than start the xp..than shut down..and now plug drive into the cabinet..
Now start the window...xp sud find the new device n will install it automatically.(as it is simple plug and play device).

and at last u have 2 reinstall the xp.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

If it was workin earlier then its some windows problem. Otherwise check the jumper seting at the back of the drive.

ranjikvp

Broken In

does the CDROM light come one when you restart the computer, if yes try system restore if doesn't work then follow steps mentioned by sknowonweb above, if it still does not resolve the issue replace drive

OP
A

anil_861

Broken In

cd-rom opens when i push the buttons,seems no problem in rom.. so tell wat 2 do

k_blues24

Journeyman

First u have 2 check the cods of ur CD-ROM u have to open Cabinet unplug it and then reinstall/plug it as it is. If this not works then this may be problem of ur windows system file so u have to re-install it choose repair installation.
If this not works then check jumpers on CD-ROM ( this all informations on the pack of the CD-ROM / back of CD-ROM itself ).
tell us wat u have done ok

ilugd

Beware of the innocent

most probably loose cable connection. Can you see the cd drive in bios?

OP
A

anil_861

Broken In

ya no cd-rom was shown in bios... wat 2 do. only primary master -hard disk is seen. not other thing...

OP
A

anil_861

Broken In
no cd-rom is seen in the my computer panel and also in device manager... i had alos tried by adding new hardware option , but it didnt work. wat to do??????????????
also no was shown in bios set up.. only hard disk is seen.. tell me wat 2 do.. i had checked jumper , its all ok...

sknowonweb

Journeyman

If your CD rom is undetected in Bios , change the datacable and Power cable. plug it to some other IDE slot . If it doesnt detected now , then i fear there is some serious problem in your CD rom .
If possible connect your CD Rom with some of your Friends computers or call your computer service centre .

May you Post what are the steps you take as our members suggested ,just for a clear identification to spot the solution .

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
if.....this problem is due to Xp ..than try reinstalling the xp.And during re-install the cd rom will work.
Try it.
This will also check wether ur xp is problem..or something else is problem.

Sourabh

Laptoping
Hey, just reset the BIOS to defaults and boot into Windows and hopefully you will see a 'New Hardware Found'.

ranjikvp

Broken In
Check how many data cables are available inside, if two, you can use the hdd cable to connect the cd-rom too and check if its getting detected in BIOS or get a new data cable and check in BIOS if the CD-ROM is getting detected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom