CCNA +CCNP.. Good for future or not?

amritpal2489

In the zone
Hey guys... i am in a fix..
I am in last semester of my MCA... N we have to go for 6 months industrial training.. nd a project too...
I was thinking of going into the networking field ( i am not that good in coding nd not even interested).. So i planned to do CCNA and then CCNP..

I want to know if i have made a good choice?? What is the scope?
What expectations should i keep???

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
scope is really very large.. go for CCNA.. it will take arnd 6months..
clear the CCNA test and get certified.. half work is done u will definately get a job..

and one den go for CCNP after sum working exp or whateva u like..

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
two of my friends did CCNA while in college...one is now working in Java and other in SAP. So if you ask me, there was no benefit at all (keeping in mind huge coaching and certification-fee charges)...while on the other hand a relative of mine who passed engg after me is earning more than me :D
I would say you need correct timing and luck to get the right job to match your qualifications

Starting package could vary from 3-4 lacs/annum

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
if you are certified for the above mentioned course.. u wiill definately get placed in collg with package of more than 3lakh..
for ccnp.. it cud b above 5 too.. dere r very less ppl who are CCNP certified

hdsk.23

~ Harshdeep ~
well if u ask my opinion networking is the field first of all require hard work through life(updation require all the time... ccna>ccnp>ccie) and patience..
and @ pulkitpopli2004 there are plenty people who has ccna certification... its rather to say there are very less who has ccie!!
and to even attempt ccie u need good knowledge + more that 5 yrs experience too

OP
A

amritpal2489

In the zone
i totally agree with you hdsk.23
IMO the problem in networking field is getting a job coz every co. seeks an experienced person to handle thr network

buddyram

New Voyage
Hi gagan,

I am not an engineering candidate. So well i am pursuing my career in B. Sc. in IT in the last semester. Even I am eyeing for networking job. I am a fresher to this field. Now i am finding it difficult to locate the smaller firms pertaining to this field in bangalore. I have completed CCNA, after getting placed i am planning to do CCNP or CCSP.

But can you please guide the some firms which recruit for freshers. salary no constraint. I need an exposure thats it.

S
two of my friends did CCNA while in college...one is now working in Java and other in SAP. So if you ask me, there was no benefit at all (keeping in mind huge coaching and certification-fee charges)...while on the other hand a relative of mine who passed engg after me is earning more than me :D
I would say you need correct timing and luck to get the right job to match your qualifications

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Doing CCNA only does not benefit at all. CCNA+CCNP gives more opportunities. as to how much one can expect, it depends on job role and company.

vkumarg89

Right off the assembly line
Ya its is good choice . But dnt expect much in terms of package since a fresher is considered inapt to handle live networks . But as you get experienced you cn demanda lot.

As far as i knw there are a lot off CCNP's in the market and i am one of those .

CFC_TrueBlue

Broken In
Go for CCSP instead of CCNP.......
You'll have to continue an extra course after CNNA if you are opting for CCSP.....

That's to cover the basics of CCSP......

jai8491@gmail.com

Sir , am currently pursuing CCNP (R & S) course in bangalore and am a fresher.I have CCNA certification. Can u please refer me for entry level job. I hv attached my resume with this message.
Thanks in Advance

Attachments

• Jayanth Resume.pdf
    93.6 KB · Views: 485

akshat khurana

Lots of boys want to make their career in networking that why they get interested in CCNA and CCNP. Well, i must say that if you are really want to pursue your career in the field of networking then CCNA is a good starting point for you. In CCNA certification course you will get the knowledge about installation, configuration, operation and troubleshooting part of LAN and WAN.CCNP is next level certification in which you earn the knowledge like security features , how you can plan networking professionally, implementation process and much more. So, i would suggest you to start from CCNA. After these certification courses you can apply for the post of network engineer, system engineer, network and system administrator, Lan engineer, Wan engineer and much more. BEST OF LUCK

chetnan

Banned
Hi,

First thing - You are on right track. CISCO Courses like CCNA | CCNP | CCIE have tremendous scope.

The starting step to networking knowledge is via CCNA training.

Similarly the higher end version of network training comes about with CCIE training.

The CCNP certification is appropriate for those with at least one year of networking experience who are ready to advance their skills and work independently on complex network solutions.

CISCO Certified Jobs - Many jobs are available in these fields and even a fresher also get a high salary.

Thanks

Minion

Conversation Architect
Hey guys... i am in a fix..
I am in last semester of my MCA... N we have to go for 6 months industrial training.. nd a project too...
I was thinking of going into the networking field ( i am not that good in coding nd not even interested).. So i planned to do CCNA and then CCNP..

I want to know if i have made a good choice?? What is the scope?
What expectations should i keep???

You need to learn at least one server OS like redhat or windows server doing CCNA or CCNP don't have any opennings most organisation are looking for people who knows any of the above mentioned OS with CCNA or CCNP.

You need to learn at least one server OS like redhat or windows server doing CCNA or CCNP don't have any opennings most organisation are looking for people who knows any of the above mentioned OS with CCNA or CCNP.

Hi
I am 36 yo from Kolkata.Is it ok for me to do ccna at this age?

Regards

garyots

New to this forum
Yes, you are right.. one must have an operating system knowledege along with ccna or ccnp to get better package at initial stage.

Top Bottom