CBSE 12 result

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@GeekyBoy

congrats boy. Awesome job :D
Your results are more than good. You clicked in correct subjects.

Best of luck :))

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Congrats, ico, mohitdavyx and others who have received their results!

Just a curious thought : The results are announced ahead of many state board exams despite the fact that CBSE Board exams run from 1march upto 12 april. Do they really *check* thoroughly all the papers?
Have you all got the marks you were expecting (not mentioning practicals?

OP
mohityadavx

mohityadavx

Youngling
Just a curious thought : The results are announced ahead of many state board exams despite the fact that CBSE Board exams run from 1march upto 12 april. Do they really *check* thoroughly all the papers?

Will tell u once i get my marksheet and see my practical marks as my marks in physics & chemistry are way too low then i was expecting.

But I am sure its a through check i ws expecting exactly 95 in maths.

nims11

BIOS Terminator

the checking is not as strict as done in school exams, but it is not that you get marks for a wrong answer!!

soumo27

→|Requiescat| |in| |Pace|

Our ISC(12th) Results were declared one week back. And there was much difference in what I expected and what I got(especially in my 2nd Language(Bengali) and Chemistry) :-(

nims11

BIOS Terminator
PATNA region CBSE 12 results announced

english - 83
maths - 95
physics - 89
chemistry - 93
computer sc. - 95

expected more in maths and physics, but no probs! :)

nims11

BIOS Terminator
@nims11 awesome scores.Congo.
where r you planning to take admission?

since i didnt make it to IIT, waiting for AIEEE results. my VIT,manipal and CUSAT results will fetch me CSE in those colleges but i don't want to go there.

expecting 220-230 in AIEEE. that should get me CSE in mesra(state quota) or some other NIT. if i get under 4K, will try for CS dual degree at IIIT-H.

AcceleratorX

Youngling

They check only according to a specific answer key and as per expectations of the standard of an average student. Anything more and anything less will be "rewarded" by cutting marks. If you attempt a different method or offer additional insight than what the textbooks say, you will lose marks, because only the answers in the key are accepted ;)

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
They check only according to a specific answer key and as per expectations of the standard of an average student. Anything more and anything less will be "rewarded" by cutting marks. If you attempt a different method or offer additional insight than what the textbooks say, you will lose marks, because only the answers in the key are accepted ;)

On the contrary I had a different experience of Class X Board Exams. I got 100 in Social Science despite the fact I had NOT written as per the answer key. I had written answers with a different insight. I don't think they cut marks for writing extra.
But this year I am in 12th..so let's see...:smile:

Last edited:

nims11

BIOS Terminator
a lot depends on your luck. who corrects your copy makes a difference. i was 100% sure to get 100 in maths, i matched my answers with a friend of mine. all our answers were same except i pointed a 1 mark mistake my friend made. he got 99 as expected. also English checking has been really unpredictable this time in patna region. i got way less than what i expected. many of my friends good in english got bad marks in it. a friend of mine got 94,95,95,94 in other subjects and got 67 in english!! another one got 95% in other 4 subjects and 69 in english and their english is very good!!

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
@nims : Anything above 80 in English is excellent. I don't know how the DPS RK Puram students manage to get 98 in English :O
And yes btw all answersheets deserving more than 90 in English are awarded in consultation with head examiner.Read this @ CBSE Marking Scheme *cbse.nic.in/curric~1/Marking_Scheme_Science_XII_2011.pdf . I think those in other regions might be lazy to forward it to head examiner and get their approval and then mark. Increases their work, you see.

Sheesh.... the current batch is full of nerds... My sis just got her CBSE 12th results... in commerce... The marks (dunno subjects except maths) were 95(english), 95, 98, 98, 99(maths). :oops:

In MY time (2 years back) nobody had even HEARD of a 95 in english.... and 3 of her friends got 95 as well....... :shock:

AcceleratorX

Youngling
On the contrary I had a different experience of Class X Board Exams. I got 100 in Social Science despite the fact I had NOT written as per the answer key. I had written answers with a different insight. I don't think they cut marks for writing extra.
But this year I am in 12th..so let's see...:smile:

The main point to be noted is "laziness". Nobody wants to spend a lot of time with an answersheet. I have friends who attempted 40 marks in biology (12th) and got 84. It is possible to get high marks by having a neat and clean paper with lots of good diagrams. They only check for how the paper "feels", not what's actually inside it. When they do check the answers themselves, it's according to the key.

All I can say is that I have been burnt by the state board as well as CBSE and I *know* I wrote much better papers than the marks they awarded me at the time (well, I guess the score still wasn't so bad but it's disheartening to see it happen in 10th as well as 12th knowing that it never happened in 9th or 11th because in those cases I could actually see my paper so that I knew there was nothing wrong with my answers). Knowledge is not rewarded so much as neatness and good diagrams are. :)

Sheesh.... the current batch is full of nerds... My sis just got her CBSE 12th results... in commerce... The marks (dunno subjects except maths) were 95(english), 95, 98, 98, 99(maths). :oops:

In MY time (2 years back) nobody had even HEARD of a 95 in english.... and 3 of her friends got 95 as well....... :shock:

IMO the marking systems are getting lenient. Plus, getting 95 doesn't make you a nerd.......

These days I have noticed an avalanche of people getting 95 or so in English, and a lot of them cannot speak a straight sentence properly. The marking system for languages in our country is simply the worst. Ultimately, it is a sad truth that the 12th (and 10th) marks tell almost nothing about the knowledge or aptitude of a student these days.

Even from my own experience I will tell that I was nowhere near as good in Hindi as the marks they gave me.....I never scored more than 55% in a single test since 8th std., and in both 10th and 12th I had marks in the 80s for that subject whereas people much better than me in speaking as well as in college/school test marks had worse marks (you may say that my school teachers may have been biased but I *know* my Hindi wasn't very good, and in some ways, still isn't)

EDIT: I just saw this in the marking scheme for English Core:

CBSE said:
No marks should be deducted for mistakes in usage and grammar, spelling or word limit

If this applies to all other languages, I can see why I scored good marks in Hindi. IMO, even if this applies only to some specific sections, this is unfair to the students who have invested a lot of time in perfecting their language skills. In our school, grammar and spelling errors would mean a 1 or 2 mark deduction out of 10.

Such a system also ensures that people can score 98 or so without knowing proper grammer. In the end we get people who cannot speak worth a damn scoring 90+.....(I'm not saying everyone is like this but I have seen too many to be comfortable with it).

Still, if someone has worked hard to get a good score, I congratulate him/her......my thoughts are just that of a grumpy old man who got burned in years long gone :(

Last edited:

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
The main point to be noted is "laziness". Nobody wants to spend a lot of time with an answersheet. I have friends who attempted 40 marks in biology (12th) and got 84.

Are you sure, because as of NCF 2005, Weightage of Practical marks in Biology is worth 30 marks. I assume the school gave away practical marks for free to that. He might have got 54/70.

T

IMO the marking systems are getting lenient. Plus, getting 95 doesn't make you a nerd.......

These days I have noticed an avalanche of people getting 95 or so in English, and a lot of them cannot speak a straight sentence properly. The marking system for languages in our country is simply the worst. Ultimately, it is a sad truth that the 12th (and 10th) marks tell almost nothing about the knowledge or aptitude of a student these days.
If this applies to all other languages, I can see why I scored good marks in Hindi. IMO, even if this applies only to some specific sections, this is unfair to the students who have invested a lot of time in perfecting their language skills. In our school, grammar and spelling errors would mean a 1 or 2 mark deduction out of 10.

Such a system also ensures that people can score 98 or so without knowing proper grammer. In the end we get people who cannot speak worth a damn scoring 90+.....(I'm not saying everyone is like this but I have seen too many to be comfortable with it).

Still, if someone has worked hard to get a good score, I congratulate him/her......my thoughts are just that of a grumpy old man who got burned in years long gone :(

I have a friend who knows NOTHING. He just crams the whole textbook(he has a great or I should say Wonderful memory). Vomits the same in the exam. Gets good marks but understands nothing. He scores around 50 in English. Nowadays he is grabbing books and "learning" essays for board exam. So how will you differentiate between this boy and an intelligent boy ? On the basis of marks? Exams are more of a memory test then knowledge/conceptual test.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
me getting 5 -6 marks cut in practicals in both phy and chem

Getting practical marks now involves teacher fanboyism and politics. I have been a victim of the same in Class X. I used to argue a lot and got 6 marks deducted in Math Practicals out of 20.

Our education system is messed up very badly. :sad:

Top Bottom