Case fan doubt

akhilc47

Journeyman
Hey I'm going to purchase a few case fans. I saw few videos of some fans with LEDs to see how it looks(Never bought a fan with LED before). And I was thinking of using 140mm blue led fan on top as exhaust. But when I saw the video exhaust side of the fan was not looking very nice. For an example, I saw video of CM sickleflow, but the sickle was only for the intake side outside looks just raw so I was wondering is there any point in buying colourful exhaust fan as leds will be shining to inside of the case? Am I thinking incorrectly or is there separate fans for intake and exhaust?

Gollum

Collector
Hey I'm going to purchase a few case fans. I saw few videos of some fans with LEDs to see how it looks(Never bought a fan with LED before). And I was thinking of using 140mm blue led fan on top as exhaust. But when I saw the video exhaust side of the fan was not looking very nice. For an example, I saw video of CM sickleflow, but the sickle was only for the intake side outside looks just raw so I was wondering is there any point in buying colourful exhaust fan as leds will be shining to inside of the case? Am I thinking incorrectly or is there separate fans for intake and exhaust?

140mm fan is too big. most cases have space for 120mm fans.
led fans are expensive but majorly meant for show.

OP
akhilc47

akhilc47

Journeyman
140mm fan is too big. most cases have space for 120mm fans.
led fans are expensive but majorly meant for show.

thanks for your reply. But I have space for two 140mm fan on top and after a bit googling I understood that it's better to buy bigger fans if possible. So anyway I'm buying one 140mm ,one 120mm for side and one 120mm for front intake. Other than front one the other two I want LED ones... yeah it's just for show :-D
But anyway my doubt is none of this. If I'm installing an LED fan for exhaust, wouldn't I be looking at the backside of fan? And it doesn't look very attractive. As always I'm confused!

Coldbreeze16

Journeyman
Bigger fan = less rotation for same airflow = less noise. Yes they are separate. Depends on your case where you want to place the respective ones.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Coolermaster 140mm BLUE LED fan -650

Coolermaster 120mm 2 BLUE LED fans -830

Fan Description : Coolermaster Xtraflo fan : RPM -1200-1800

OP
akhilc47

akhilc47

Journeyman
Bigger fan = less rotation for same airflow = less noise. Yes they are separate. Depends on your case where you want to place the respective ones.
you mean intake and exhaust separate fans are available?

1. 120mm for front intakeDeepcool XFAN120 Cooler - Deepcool: Flipkart.com it doesn't have CFM ratings on fk. It runs at 1300rpm. It doesn't have any led. I'm planning to place it in front so it need not have led since I can't see it.

2.120mm side intake Deepcool WIND BLADE Cooler - Deepcool: Flipkart.com CFM = 53.65,noise level=26.6dB and 1300rpm.

3. 140mm top exhaust Cooler Master CM Essentials 140 Cooler - Cooler Master: Flipkart.com CFM = 60.9,noise =16dB,1000rpm.

The top one is the one I'm having doubt. I will be looking at the back side of fan right, when using as exhaust? Did you get my question?

you mean intake and exhaust separate fans are available? 1. 120mm for front intakeDeepcool XFAN120 Cooler - Deepcool: Flipkart.com it doesn't have CFM ratings on fk. It runs at 1300rpm. It doesn't have any led. I'm planning to place it in front so it need not have led since I can't see it. 2.120mm side intake Deepcool WIND BLADE Cooler - Deepcool: Flipkart.com CFM = 53.65,noise level=26.6dB and 1300rpm. 3. 140mm top exhaust Cooler Master CM Essentials 140 Cooler - Cooler Master: Flipkart.com CFM = 60.9,noise =16dB,1000rpm. The top one is the one I'm having doubt. I will be looking at the back side of fan right, when using as exhaust? Did you get my question?
intake an exhaust fans are same. Their function depends on which side they are facing.

Cilus

laborare est orare
For intake fans, look for higher CFM rating rather than higher speed as they actually provide cool air to the Cabinet. The Front Intake Fan should be of high CFM value as it is the main source for air intake. Cooler Master Xtraflow 120mm which provides almost 90+ CFM intake is the best and VFM solution here.

OP
akhilc47

akhilc47

Journeyman
Thanks again I bought it anyway. I'm spending too much time on this.
My final purchase
AMD FX 6300
ASUS M5A97 R2.0
Corsair Vengeance 4gig 1600mhz(I should've bought dual channel kits :-( )
GT 630 (Temporary)
WD blue 1tb
Dell 20"
Asus DVD drive
Seasonic s12ii 520w
APC 1.1kva
NZXT Gamma
Coolermaster and Deepcool fans
I'll add front usb3 panel and good GPU later on. Bought from MDcomputers and itdepot. Fans and dvd drive from FK. Few components already reached home. I'll hopefully get everything by next weekend. Then I'll build it myself and it'll be my first complete build :mrgreen:. I've the experience of removing and reconnecting all the components from my old system so I'm confident that I can assemble it myself.
Finally thanks to all the extremely patient and helping friends of this forum. Especially harshil and cilus. Learned a lot from you all...

PS: I'll be soon back for GPU :p

OP
akhilc47

akhilc47

Journeyman
Sure I will post the photos. But wait for a week atleast. If something gets fried I'll post that too :p.
All the needed cables and things will be included with these right?

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
Sure I will post the photos. But wait for a week atleast. If something gets fried I'll post that too :p.
All the needed cables and things will be included with these right?

Cables for Front Panel USB/Sound are included. Cables for Power/HDD/Reset/power LED/HDD LED are included.
and also if a fan is included, it comes with a power cable. no more cables.

and why will anything be fried ?
Which PSU are you going to use for which config ?

Coldbreeze16

Journeyman
Remember to discharge yourself of ESD and fit the power connectors right. You'll most probably also have grounding at your home. So why will anything be fried? B+ :mrgreen:

OP
akhilc47

akhilc47

Journeyman
Cables for Front Panel USB/Sound are included. Cables for Power/HDD/Reset/power LED/HDD LED are included.
and also if a fan is included, it comes with a power cable. no more cables.

and why will anything be fried ?
Which PSU are you going to use for which config ?
seasonic s12ii 520watts. I don't want to buy another PSU when I add a good GPU so I bought this even if it's a bit too much at the moment.

Remember to discharge yourself of ESD and fit the power connectors right. You'll most probably also have grounding at your home. So why will anything be fried? B+ :mrgreen:
I'll be touching the floor all the time so it'll discharge any static charge right? Do I need a antistatic wrist wrap or anything?

Coldbreeze16

Journeyman
Nah...for a casual assembler they don't matter much. But they're available for 200-250, it might not be a bad idea after all. Just don't wear anything woolen (of course you won't be, it's not winter). One might carry about 20-25 Kilo Volts of static and you can let go of it by touching anything grounded. Once discharged it will take some time to build up but it's advisable to either keep yourself grounded all the time or at least discharge periodically as long as you're working with your PC innards.

However the important thing is not the charge itself, it's that you and your electronics must be at the same potential (if it's the ground potential, so much the better). So your PC has to be grounded too. If your PSU has that power switch on back, switch it off, plug the cable into socket...and I suppose the inner side of case is not paint coated so you can keep your elbow there, that'll do the trick.

Top Bottom