Cartoon Network Channel Then & Now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
oops...but thanks ....still would like to see the last few episodes ....lots of holes in the story that I would like to plug...for instance ....where did the cybertron come from , same for the mantis ....

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
^^It aired long ago! Was it disney hour? Or Fox kids? Something like that!

I liked the series but I don't think it wasn't very popular(because google searches don't even point out an animated version!

TeChRocK

Broken In
i miss those golden days :(

secret squirrel
Two Stupid Dogs
birdman
space ghost
yogi bear
ninja robots
jhonny quest
swat cats
captan planet
flinstones
jetson

and many more etcc

H

Hyper_Zero

The old Cartoon Network was cool in every respect...It had a cool logo...it aired cool cartoons.....so on....

I first saw the channel in 1992.....i still remember the days...my first seen cartoon was Jonny Quest i think...the channel lasted until evening then converted into TNT which aired old movies and WCW (oh yeah)
The best thing of that channel was that it showed more cartoons and less ads....the ads mainly contained of Toys, and cartoon shows.

I saw all the programs....all day....and woke up early 6 in the morn just to see the shows (though i m not an early riser).not that i liked all the shows but the reason was that between two shows, there was a short duration of 7 mins and they used the time to show a shortie (like Atom Ant...). To me this was the best part of CN.

I even remained awake at night to find out exactly when the TNT switched to CN...never found the time but even at 3 at night i saw Magilla Gorrilla:D

my most favourite time was the Power Zone hour...I liked all of em.....Centurions, Fantastic Four, Captain Planet, Sky Commanders, GI Joe, Ninja Robots, Swat Kats, Galter, and the Shorties Space Ghost, Birdman, Dino Boy, Herculoids.......

I see i liked mainly the Hanna Barbera cartoons.......they are the best cartoon artists ever.....also the Looney Tunes was good competition
During the later days..as cartoon network was evolving, I also watched the shows like The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest, Justice League, Superman, Batman, X-Men, Jackie chan adventures, Beyblade, Dragon ball, Transformers,.......

Even then they had a slot called Boomerang and Boomeraction....then eventually they withdrawn all of em:(

Now there is nothing of the old CN...the Logo, the Image, the shows...all gone..:(

New generation kids will not feel the same things we did...yet they are taking what they can which is better than not taking at all..

Man i will love to see those toons on TV....at least then i will be sitting in front of that box instead of my PC....watching on TV is totally different from PC..

Huh.......nuff said.......but these sure brought some good old memories...:)

M

manf16

hi all
title says everyting...

we all know cartoon nework today is entirely different from the one which tole the heart when it got launched in india fmany years ago..

Has cartoon network Lost its Charm???

P.S I really dont like todays cartoon network..

reason :

1.) full of Sh!t cartoon from china/japan..
2.)Screen full of advertisement... ( the worst of all channel)
3.)Lots of ads in between
4.)Orginality Lost
5.)NOt very cartoon oriented... ( i mean for kids)_
6.)repeat point no 2.)

wht do u guys think ???
ya dude.there are no good programmes...the one we used to see are not there today.all chinese cartoons....

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
I know.....watched cartoon network after a long time .....somehow now the other channels like nick, disney and toon disney seem to have a better collection of shows.......guess CN lost the first starter advantage....

any way ....ben 10 series is pretty good....
by the way what cartoons et all do you guys watch these days .....

D

Deleted member 26636

the shows i mostly watched were: johnny bravo; yogi bear; wacky races; tom & jerry; dexter; jetsons; flintstones; johnny quest & lots more...the early morning shows were specially delightful..johnny bravo was just so funny..todays cartoons have all sorts of advanced technology using but no fun factor....i would still love to hear johnny bravo say"hey pretty mama!", than some chinese characters talking gibberish about their creatures living in a ball.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
//OFFTOPIC//
Anyone knows if they are making motu and patlu comics now a days.I thought it was on diamond comics still any one abreast.

harishgayatri

Broken In
hi all
title says everyting...

we all know cartoon nework today is entirely different from the one which tole the heart when it got launched in india fmany years ago..

Has cartoon network Lost its Charm???

P.S I really dont like todays cartoon network..

reason :

1.) full of Sh!t cartoon from china/japan..
2.)Screen full of advertisement... ( the worst of all channel)
3.)Lots of ads in between
4.)Orginality Lost
5.)NOt very cartoon oriented... ( i mean for kids)_
6.)repeat point no 2.)

wht do u guys think ???

you are right. the new Chinese and Japanese toons are crap.
I dont spend my valuable time on CN anymore.

Hence I downloaded all the shows in DVDRips so that I dont miss them again.

The Shows I watched:-

Wacky Races
Dastardly and Muttley in their flying machines
Johnny Bravo
Johnny Quest(1964/1996)
Batman The Animated Series
Superman The Animated Series
Thundercats
Transformers Armada
Transformers Cybertron
Magilla Gorilla
Huckleberry Hound
Yogi Bear
Dexter's Laboratory
Jetsons
The Flintstones
Scooby Doo Where are you!
The New Scooby Doo Movies (Batman robin, Three Stooges,Don adams,etc)
Scooby and Scrappy Doo Show
Dynomutt Dog Wonder
Ricochet Rabbit
Wally Gator
QuickDraw McDraw
BirdMan
The Galaxy Trio
Space Ghost
Popeye The Sailor(aap pictures not The new syndicate crap)
The Perils of penolope pitstop
The Addams Family (1992)
The Mask (smmmmokin)
Richie Rich show (still aired by CN )
Powerpuff Girls
The Grim and Evil
Ed,Edd n,Eddy
Mike Lu and Og
Courage The Cowardly Dog

And Lots more:D

The big problem is the DVDs of these beautifull shows are not found in India
But they are available in U.S.A

These a**holes dont bother to release them india tooo.I hate them:mad:

D

Deleted member 26636

you are right. the new Chinese and Japanese toons are crap.
I dont spend my valuable time on CN anymore.

Hence I downloaded all the shows in DVDRips so that I dont miss them again.

The Shows I watched:-

Wacky Races
Dastardly and Muttley in their flying machines
Johnny Bravo
Johnny Quest(1964/1996)
Batman The Animated Series
Superman The Animated Series
Thundercats
Transformers Armada
Transformers Cybertron
Magilla Gorilla
Huckleberry Hound
Yogi Bear
Dexter's Laboratory
Jetsons
The Flintstones
Scooby Doo Where are you!
The New Scooby Doo Movies (Batman robin, Three Stooges,Don adams,etc)
Scooby and Scrappy Doo Show
Dynomutt Dog Wonder
Ricochet Rabbit
Wally Gator
QuickDraw McDraw
BirdMan
The Galaxy Trio
Space Ghost
Popeye The Sailor(aap pictures not The new syndicate crap)
The Perils of penolope pitstop
The Addams Family (1992)
The Mask (smmmmokin)
Richie Rich show (still aired by CN )
Powerpuff Girls
The Grim and Evil
Ed,Edd n,Eddy
Mike Lu and Og
Courage The Cowardly Dog

And Lots more:D

The big problem is the DVDs of these beautifull shows are not found in India
But they are available in U.S.A

These a**holes dont bother to release them india tooo.I hate them:mad:

Holy ****...now that's some list....you downloaded all these shows?:confused:

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
Guys, Don't miss the new series starting today. Star Wars: Clone Wars. 8:30PM. Oh, damn, that's the daily soap time too, I'll have to fight.

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
I could still remember the days when I slept with my grandfather. he used to wake me up early. I woke at 5:00am in the morning and used to watch Scooby Doo(1 hour episode):). It was my favourite. I also used to watch
1. Dexter's laboratory
2. Powerpuff Girls
3. Courage the cowardly dog
4. Pokemon.
The last two being my favourite. But nowdays whenever I see that channel I feel to vomit:shock::oops::lol:. It has changed really over the last 3-4 years. All the characters and not to mention all the cartoon characters looks the same. I really find it disgusting to see those. But my 4 year and 9 year old sister sees them with real interest. Only one cartoon I like out of all in the channel and that is"Krishna" What do you think????:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

tkin

Back to school!!
I could still remember the days when I slept with my grandfather. he used to wake me up early. I woke at 5:00am in the morning and used to watch Scooby Doo(1 hour episode):). It was my favourite. I also used to watch
1. Dexter's laboratory
2. Powerpuff Girls
3. Courage the cowardly dog
4. Pokemon.
The last two being my favourite. But nowdays whenever I see that channel I feel to vomit:shock::oops::lol:. It has changed really over the last 3-4 years. All the characters and not to mention all the cartoon characters looks the same. I really find it disgusting to see those. But my 4 year and 9 year old sister sees them with real interest. Only one cartoon I like out of all in the channel and that is"Krishna" What do you think????:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
OMG!! You Serious(18yr old kid watching Krishna, don't let your friends find out):D:D

sTOOPIDlILpIGGIE

Right off the assembly line
Damn! I used to watch sooo much of cartoon network. I started when it had just come to India. Back then, they used to have no advertisements. After every 20min cartoon, 2 short 5 min cartoons like magilla gorilla etc. But NOW! Boy oh boy have things changed! I recently saw 2 (YES 2!!!) commercial breaks in between a 10 minute Tom and Jerry cartoon!!!! Holy crap it isn't worth watchin anymore. Too many advertisements!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom