::::career Help Plz Plz::::

Status
Not open for further replies.

::cyborg::

In the zone
HI GUYS

::cyborg:: here

iam really confused i need to ask that what are tha latest technologies to make grip so that i can get a job can u tell me some languages to go which really have bright future and will be in demand in future

i personally have chosen

oracle as the backend
asp.NET as server side scripting
java as for the software development

will these 3 languages suffice for me please suggest iam about to start so please give me expert suggestions.

UR DECISIONS AND SUGGESTIONS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN RIGHT TO ME. SO PLEASE HELP

thanks a lot

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
first things first ...oracle is not a language its a DB..PL/SQL is thru what u access oracle ....so learn PL/SQL (joins etc)

second thing..if u want to make big in IT..learn unix by heart..also some shell scripting ...

and yeah Java is a good bet ......so thats OK too ..
but mind dont go for too many things ..jus learn the above very deeply ...

I hope this is an appropriate ans to ur query by an IT professional having 3.5 yrs exp :)

OP

In the zone
@esumitkumar thanks a lot for ur reply so u say unix,oracle and java by java do u mean ejb and all

what abt asp.net is there any demand

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
C++,JAVA will certainly help you.
and Linux and OSS is the future I think so a deep knowledge of UNIX systems etc will be nice
btw, i am 14yrs old and i know C/C++ already :)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
first things first ...oracle is not a language its a DB..PL/SQL is thru what u access oracle ....so learn PL/SQL (joins etc)

Oracle itself is a big goose to digest, you do need to learn oracle administration and its features to get the post of DBA.

PL/SQL is basically C type comfort plus predefined queries fired to interpreter to get the solution to a known problem.

C++,JAVA will certainly help you.
and Linux and OSS is the future I think so a deep knowledge of UNIX systems etc will be nice
btw, i am 14yrs old and i know C/C++ already :)

choose either JAVA(web apps etc) or OS programming (system calls and c programs in unix).

Then if u get time master other one.

Oracle itself is a vast subject to learn.

@esumitkumar thanks a lot for ur reply so u say unix,oracle and java by java do u mean ejb and all

what abt asp.net is there any demand

yeah ejb comes in JAVA

one thing is sure, if u learn JAVA then JavaScript, JSP and all other related things are much easier to grasp.

.NET is also good, but here the thing comes to the rich set of libraries and community support and the company behind them.

Last edited:
OP

In the zone
@t159 harrypotter thanks both of u mut iam still confused abt choosing the language in which i should go and remain there forever and make my hands tight on that language

see i am thinking to be jack of alltrades by learning all languages which is impossible so

i always think java,.net and oracle

and one thing more where can i achieve more salary is it web development or it is s/w development

:|

anyway thanks for all ur responses thanks a lot t159 harry and esumith

i am 14yrs old and i know C/C++ already

great dude harry :))

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
@t159 harrypotter thanks both of u mut iam still confused abt choosing the language in which i should go and remain there forever and make my hands tight on that language
see i am thinking to be jack of alltrades by learning all languages which is impossible so
i always think java,.net and oracle
and one thing more where can i achieve more salary is it web development or it is s/w development
:|
anyway thanks for all ur responses thanks a lot t159 harry and esumith
great dude harry :))

salary is more in web development initially.
DBA are also well paid but experience is needed.
In System software programming salary is initially low but grows considerably.

And salary also depends upon the company, small companies usually give more (and so the workload is)

JAVA - if u really want to see open standards in future.

Oracle- u can learn it side by side, at least the introduction.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Linux/Unix+Shell Scripting,
Oracle,
MySQL (there are 100+ million users INCLUDING the internet god Google and Yahoo :D ),
JAVA,
PHP/Perl/Python,
ASP.NET works in Linux also; but its not recommended.

One more thing-
I am a 15 yr. guy who knows the Languages in my signature.
Well I initially started with C & C++ then found these much interesting so left them. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom