Can't send SMS in Android

Krow

Crowman
Where are all the message settings? I have not been able to send smses since last night. I tried setting the SMS centre from *#*#4636#*#* and it worked the last few times I tried that. But this time even that is not working

The customer service exec as usual said that disable reply via same centre which I have no idea about. It used to be there on Nokia but not on my current phone.

Phone: Dell XCD 35
ROM: CyanogenMod 7.1.0

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Re: SMS settings in android

are you using any application for messaging or stock app?

In stock application under "settings" it simply mentions "Message centre"

(My phone: SGS)

OP
Krow

Krow

Crowman
Using stock app. The SMS centre option used to be there in the stock rom but here it is there when you dial *#*#4636*#*#.

I always used to change it and smses would work. Now it is not happening.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
I

1.Remove sim.
2.Do reset settings.(only settings)
3.Insert sim.

Try messaging.

II Toggle flight mode and back to network and try msging.Check GSM.WCDMA options also.

III. Try to put in other mobile and verify if its sim problem.

IV. Check your balance :)

OP
Krow

Krow

Crowman
I'll try another mobile tonight. Did the flight mode long ago. Doesn't work. Removed and reinserted sim. Doesn't work.

How to reset settings?

Balance is more than enough and I have an SMS pack enabled.

GSM or wcdma both don't enable SMS.

OP
Krow

Krow

Crowman
I know I can do that but with this phone the SMS centre number changes automatically every week or two. I don't know why this happened on stock rom and on cm7.

I would like to find a solution so that I don't have to flash for every problem.

Well . I had this weired problem of Wifi not opening when I first flashed CM7.1 .

Flashed again and that problem never came again.

OP
Krow

Krow

Crowman
It was fine till a couple of days back. Dunno what happened. Now trying to get hold of a sim to try in my phone. And another phone to test.

OP
Krow

Krow

Crowman
Will try my friend's sim in the evening.

I don't get this. I tried the sim in my phone again. Messages are not going. Tried in friend's Android phone, message sending fails.

Tried it in friend's Samsung Monte and messages were sent!

Tried both friends' sims in my phone and both of them are able to send messages. I have no idea what is wrong here. Anyone has any clue?

WOHOO! Just tried updating sms centre again and messages are working!!!

:mrgreen: Mysterious Android. :p

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
how to update msg center? i'm not facing any problem but just want to know. is that code only for voda? i tried & gave some random msg.

OP
Krow

Krow

Crowman
Nope that code is for some ROMs. For those with stock ROMs, there is an option in the stock messaging app.

Open stock messaging app -> menu button -> service centre (or message centre)

For others it is, *#*#4636#*#* -> Phone info -> scroll down to SMSC

Top Bottom