Cant play mp3 in Suse 10.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried playing mp3 in Suse 10.1 and it says "u do not have the proper decoder to play this file u need to download plugins" .I have searched google for plugins and couldnt find them. i tried helix bansee,totem players but all says same. can u explain how can I play mp3s here. and why they dont support it from the begining.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
AFAIK, there is a multimedia player in suse linux that supports mp3 out of the box, cant recall the name now. try opening file with other players available.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
tanmoy_rajguru2005 said:
I have tried playing mp3 in Suse 10.1 and it says "u do not have the proper decoder to play this file u need to download plugins" .I have searched google for plugins and couldnt find them. i tried helix bansee,totem players but all says same. can u explain how can I play mp3s here. and why they dont support it from the begining.

All players that come with Open SuSE are not mp3 enabled so as to avoid patent problems. You can get mp3 playback as follows:

If you would like to use xmms (like Winamp) then

1. Open YaST2 and add the following to YaST2 sources *packman.inode.at/suse/10.1/

2. After adding that click on software management, search for xmms, and click on the check mark against xmms ao that it becomes an update icon.

3. Then click accept, YaST2 will also resolve dependencies automatically.

If you want live help through yahoo messenger (use gaim or kopete in linux) let me know.

Aberforth

The Internationalist
Try VLC Player. Download the package from the link below and it should play most audio/video formats including mp3.

*www.videolan.org/vlc/download-suse.html

drsethi

Journeyman
Please read my earlier post
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=382231&postcount=72
Suse can play mp3 files excellently. amarok, kaffeine, real player etc can play them.
Dont forget to install w32codec and libdvdcss

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
What do we make stickies for? They definitely don't serve as a decoration or eye candy.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30367

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom