cant decide wat to buy....i'm upgrading again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
Hi ppl...
its been a loooooong time since i last upgraded my rig.my current rig (config in sig) is being sold by next week end.

i've bout 41k (at max 50k but its better if i keep it within 42-43k).
1st i thought i'll get Core i7 920 by December but from wat intel i got bout pricing,its gonna be out of budget.
so these r the things that i need:
1>proccy,
2>mobo
3>ram (only if i shifht to DDR3)
4>psu
5>gfx card
6>monitor and for these i've mentioned the budget above.

i just cant decide wat to buy.:confused:....
i use my rigs for gaming ,movies,music & net.

wat i'm thining is whether i sud get a Q9300/Q9450 based system or AMD Phenom X4.for the gfx card part a HD 4870 or GTX260 sud do good.

so guys plz help me out.
thnx:)

imgame2

Padawan
dude this is really wrong time to upgrade ...i must say prices are going sky high ...due to global economy crisis ...u will end up paying 3-4k more in my guess if u buy anything right now ...

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
still i'm getting very good price 4 my current config.
selling my proccy,mobo,gfx card,psu & monitor for 41k.

imgame2

Padawan
yes no doubt about it ...but u see prices are going higher this time

for instance corsair vx450w already got close to 4k some dealers are quoting 4.4k already thats like about 1~1.2k more already ...same is the price of hard disks ...

500 Gb seagate costing 4k now to 3.5~3.6k few weeks before ...thats about 0.5k more ...same will happen with gfx card and things like that ...
but still with current prices

1.Asus P5Q-pro for 9k
2.E8400-7.9k
3.corsair DDR2 2X@gb-5k
4.corsair HX620W -6.8k
5.Palit Hd4870 sonic-18k
6.dell 2208 WFP- 16.5k

cross ur budget u can't even get quad core ..either u will have to go for HD4850

cos C2Q Q9300 costs 13.5k
HD4870 sonic costs 18k (gtx260 will cost around 20k)
and u will need a good 500W PSU ..that will come around 5k anyway
and u want a monitor as well ...don't know how many inch 19" is 9.8k and 22" 16.5k for dell and 11.5k for viewsonic ...

if u want ur system for gaming it has to be core2duo or core2quad....

and all the price will have upwards trend in coming weeks ...

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ u've just got it rt man.:D
i aint gonnna buy a C2D man.since i've used a C2Q (Q6600) prior to my E8400, this time i'm thinking of getting a AMD Phenom X4 with a 790FXchipset based mobo like MSI K9A2 CF.just wanned 2 know whether i'm doin the rt thin' or not or whether i sud go 4 Q9450

@imgame2 i' still getting a 500GB Seagate hdd for 3.3k.

anyways will be getting a Nehalem rig by feb/march '09.:)

Last edited:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
^^U filthy rich aren't you.

WAit and get nehalem altogether...y upgrade, and sell and buy again and again?(Y don't u give it to me, as a gift hehehe)

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
WAit and get nehalem altogether...

sorry dood cant wait for more than a month without a rig.and 4 Core i7 i'll hafta wait for somethin like 2-4 months.there r a few reasons why i wont buy Nehalem when it releases:
1>there may be bugs in the 1st release procies/mobos (chipsets) which r corrected in later revisions.
2>availability is gonna be very poor so prices r gonna be very high
3>i can always hav the fun of using and ocing another config in the mean time.:D

the config that i've in mind is :
AMD Phenom X4 9550
MSI K9A2 CF/Asus M3A32-MVP Dlx
ATi HD 4870/ ATi HD 4850 Crossfire
Corsair psu
CANT decide the monitor part.:(

is it a good 1??????

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ Dude. seriously, if you upgrade now, you are going to waste lot of money. How much worth it is to upgrade to Quad core that doesn't have much benifit over E8400 when you are going to get a native quad core with on chip memory controller+graphics in a month or two.

No offense meant but that will be the most stupid thing done.

If you insist, go for C2Q, it still has lot of advantage of Phenom.

For monitor, stay with the current monitor, get a HD resolution projector, paint your wall silver :)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Ejjactly. Cheapest one will cost $268. BTW, check the ASUS Rampage 2 Extreme X58 based board:

*anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=3428

That board looks terrific.

Here are Nehalem's pros:

From 45 nm move to 32 nm manufacturing process
Integrated memory controller supporting DDR3 SDRAM and between one and six memory channels[citation needed]
Integrated graphics processor (IGP) located off-die, but in the same CPU package[5]
A new point-to-point processor interconnect, the Intel QuickPath Interconnect, replacing the legacy front side bus
Simultaneous multithreading by multiple cores and hyperthreading, which enables two threads per core. Simultaneous multithreading has not been present on a consumer Intel processor since 2006 with the Pentium 4 and Pentium XE.
Native (monolithic, i.e. all processor cores on a single die) quad- and octo-core (8) processors[6]
The following caches:
32 KB L1 instruction and 32 KB L1 data cache per core
256 KB L2 cache per core
2-3 MB L3 cache per core shared by all cores
33% more in-flight micro-ops than Conroe[7]
Second-level branch predictor and second-level Translation Lookaside Buffer[7]
Modular blocks of components such as cores that can be added and subtracted for varying market segments[8]

1.1x to 1.25x the single-threaded performance or 1.2x to 2x the multithreaded performance at the same power level
30% lower power usage for the same performance
According to a preview from AnandTech "expect a 20-30% overall advantage over Penryn with only a 10% increase in power usage. It looks like Intel is on track to delivering just that in Q4."[11]
Core-wise, clock-for-clock, Nehalem will provide a 15%-20% increase in performance compared to Penryn. [4]

Taken from Wikipedia.

When you have such a big architecture shift in just under a month, why should you go for a new rig now when you already have a rocking config.

BTW, once Nehalem is released, the resale value of Core2Quad will be bad coz of Nehalem's competitive pricing. Just my thought.

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ i agree with u on this.but with core i7 u wont be getting:integrated gfx processor,

thats also not my main pt.wat i'm thinking is i wont get a core i7 920 + a gud enuf x58 chipset based mobo + (GTX260/HD4870) + triple channel DDR3 rams (3*1GB sticks) even in 50k.even if i get a HD4850 ot 9800GTX+ even then i'll shoot north of 50k.and i dont wanna spend that much now.

that ASUS Rampage 2 Extreme X58 mobo will cost a arm and a leg.i'll be upgrading again in Mrach/April '09 and at that time i'll be able to stretch my budget to bout 1lac for getting Nehalem.

I've planned this upgarde 4 only 1 reason:i'm getting good price 4 my current hardware:
1>E8400 -> 9k,
2>abit IP35-E -> 6k
3>HD4850 -> 13.5k
so gimme 1 gud reason why i sudnt sell off my current hardware.

so wrt wat i've said above wat wud u suggest me to do?

:)

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
4 the gfx card part wat sud i get:
2*9800GTX+ in SLi (10.2k each)
2*HD 4850 in CFX (9.8k each)
HD 4870 or GTX260

jetboy

Journeyman
I just got a sapphire hd4870 512mb...a cool one.....17.8k ..if money permits you can for crossfire...i.e 2xhd4870 512mb....But get a good smps...like corsair or coolmaster...ad a good cabinet for that extra cooling....

GTX260 is a good card for unreal based games....but also costs a lot...

Happy gaming to you :-D

imgame2

Padawan
4 the gfx card part wat sud i get:
2*9800GTX+ in SLi (10.2k each)
2*HD 4850 in CFX (9.8k each)
HD 4870 or GTX260

as far as i know 9800gtx+ is not available at that price ....people from kolkata said so and bought it at very much higher price not very long ago

my choice is HD4870 sonic edition from palit..(just google for the reviews to know why?)available at 18k ... and even better if u can get hold on palit HD4870 1GB sonic

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom