can i write dobule layer dvd from normal dvd writer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anand_RF

Journeyman
If your dvd writer supports dual layer dvds, (DVD+-R/W DL) you are good to go. Most new dvd writers support dual layer dvds.

Pragadheesh

In the zone
when ever it comes about best ,go for SONY.
but i heard that BENQ and LITEON are good but the problem is they wont be easily available in the market.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
yes..my vote also goes to sony...its price is 2000/-(in delhi).
sony is best becoz it is easily available..n it has got gud service feedback..also many of mine frnds r using n they havnt faced any problem yet.

I myself is using sony combo drive...for last 2 yrs n i havt faced any problem yet.

vinyas

In the zone
most pf the Modern Day Writers Are Compactible...Big Problem Lies in Media.

DL media is DAMN expesive.... Sony Sells around Rs.245 a Piece ..

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Ofcourse, dual-layer DVDs are expensive. It can hold double the amount of data of
a normal DVD!! I use a Sony DRU 820A DVD writer. It's the best one.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
JGuru said:
Ofcourse, dual-layer DVDs are expensive. It can hold double the amount of data of
a normal DVD!! I use a Sony DRU 820A DVD writer. It's the best one.
By that logic they should be only twice as expensive. If a single layer DVD costs just 20 bucks the dual layer shouldn't be more than 40 buks. Why is it more than 200 bucks?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
^^
How can you apply that logic? LMAO!

Manufacturing a DL disk takes much more process and care than a normal one and isnt produced in mass either, very difficult to manufacture atm, once a good economic way to make it appears, the prices will go down.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@DrVarun, You have understand one important point. Dual-layer DVDs are expensive
since there not many people who buy a dual-layer DVD compared to a normal DVD!!
You have to take into account the production cost. If more people start buying dual-layer
DVDs, the prices will come down drastically!! Do you remember a few years back
a combo-drive (DVD-ROM + CD Writer) used to cost around 7000/- Rs? Now it's
price has come down to less than 2000/- Rs!!!

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
QwertyManiac said:
^^
How can you apply that logic? LMAO!

Manufacturing a DL disk takes much more process and care than a normal one and isnt produced in mass either, very difficult to manufacture atm, once a good economic way to make it appears, the prices will go down.
That isn't quite true. Maybe it does costs a little more to make a DL-DVD, but certainly not 10 times as much as a SL-DVD.

@JGuru: It's not that people don't want to buy DL-DVD's. The reason people don't buy it is because they're expensive, not the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom