1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

can i use msn messenger on Redhat

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by striker_1909, Dec 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. striker_1909

striker_1909 New Member

Dear friends,

I have a special query.
    I want to know whether I can use msn messenger on Redhat Linux for chatting. if not is there any other chatting software which can use my hotmail account.
    I'll appreciate your quick responses.

regards,
    Atul

2. freshseasons

freshseasons King of my own Castle

I sugest you use AMSN
    To down load it go here : http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=54091

1. Download amsn-0.94-linux-installer.bin
    2. Enter a terimnal and allow execution permissions using "chmod 500 amsn-0.94-linux-installer.bin"
    3. Type "./amsn-0.94-linux-installer.bin" and a graphical wizard will apper to help you in installation
    4. "cd /opt/amsn-0.94" and then "./amsn"
    Or if that dosn't worj you can also dothis.
    make a symbolic link to /usr/local/ActiveTcl/bin/wish at /usr/bin/wish first (If uu are using ActiveTcl and u install it at /usr/local/ActiveTcl/) using "ln -s /usr/local/ActiveTcl/bin/wish /usr/bin/wish" and try again

If it works, u can use aMSN throughe the desktop shortcut

To start aMSN from the command line, do "ln -s /opt/amsn-0.94/amsn /usr/bin/amsn" and u,will be able to start aMSN using "amsn" .

Hope that helped you !
    Best Luck and Merry Christmas !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.