can BenQ Monitor be used as TV also??

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
hiii.. I am planning to purchase a LED BenQ monitor for my PC 22" most probably.
i just want to know dat how to check whether a particular monitor can be used as a TV or not??? do they have sum kinda internal TV tuner card or wht?

n yeah installing a TV tuner card in ur CPU.. will that make any monitor compatible to be used as TV??

kindly clear this thing m totally confused..:?::?:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
A monitor is a monitor. Only a monitor until the company advertises it as a TV. (LG had one model)

To use monitor as a TV, either get an External TV Tuner Box or an Internal TV Tuner Card for your CPU.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
*www.lg.com/in/computer-products/lcd-monitor/LG-M227WA.jsp

Should be around 11k.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
There will be input port for VGA/DVI which will be coming from your CPU.And RCA, Coaxial cable input for your TV viewing requirements. You have to choose either one of those inputs at a time. There is PIP(picture in picture) mode, whcih will allow you to watch TV signals and computer signals at the same time.

OP
pulkitpopli2004

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
so LG-M227WA for 11k is worth na for TV and monitor as well?? do u have ne idea which motherboard will be best suitable dat have all d required ports??

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ yes, it is.

You connect your computer with the monitor using a VGA/DVI cable. This is the only thing which is related to your computer.

For TV, you connect the coaxial-cable wire which you connect to your TV to this monitor.

Secondly, don't see this monitor as a monitor. It is a normal LCD Television which has the ability to connect to your computer. See it like this.

OP
pulkitpopli2004

pulkitpopli2004

Cyborg Agent
then buyin such an LCD TV will always be a better option coz u dnt need any TV card or sumthing in case if in future u want to see TV on dat monitor...

do such TV have ne difference in performance in comparision to LCD monitor?? in case of Gaming or video editin,etc..???:?:

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
@ICO

1.I also wana buy a 23-24 inch LED with integrated TV tuner card. Can i found such a Monitor in india. If yes List all the models .

2. Should i buy a simple LED and use an exteral TV tuner card.
3. What are the requirements to connect the cable operaters cable wire to the PC.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ICO

1.I also wana buy a 23-24 inch LED with integrated TV tuner card. Can i found such a Monitor in india. If yes List all the models .
Don't say "internal TV Tuner Card." It is to be seen more like a TV which you can use as a monitor.

Check here: *www.lg.com/in/computer-products/lcd-monitor/index.jsp

I'm not aware of models from other companies and I can't even see LED back-lit LCDs there.

2. Should i buy a simple LED and use an exteral TV tuner card.
It's your wish.

3. What are the requirements to connect the cable operaters cable wire to the PC.
1) Get a Monitor-cum-TV like the one I linked above and just put the co-axial cable behind it. You can't record the shows with this btw.
2) Get an External TV tuner box and use it with your monitor. You can't record the shows with this too.
3) Get an Internal TV tuner card and put it in your CPU. You can record TV with this but you'll have to switch on your computer to use it.

Last edited:

Gollum

Collector
I have the 19" version of the lg tv monitor and i just love it. You also get a full function remote which you don't get with other monitors. This monitor also has pip function so you can view tv and computer both at the same time. You can connect any computer to it and any type of tv cable like cable tv or dish tv even hd. Also with the hdmi port you can connect blue-ray player or ps3. This monitor only comes in 16:9 aspect ratio.

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
Don't say "internal TV Tuner Card." It is to be seen more like a TV which you can use as a monitor.

Check here: LG LCD Monitors, TFT & Flat Monitors, LG Monitor Flatron

I'm not aware of models from other companies and I can't even see LED back-lit LCDs there.

It's your wish.

1) Get a Monitor-cum-TV like the one I linked above and just put the co-axial cable behind it. You can't record the shows with this btw.
2) Get an External TV tuner box and use it with your monitor. You can't record the shows with this too.
3) Get an Internal TV tuner card and put it in your CPU. You can record TV with this but you'll have to switch on your computer to use it.

I have the 19" version of the lg tv monitor and i just love it. You also get a full function remote which you don't get with other monitors. This monitor also has pip function so you can view tv and computer both at the same time. You can connect any computer to it and any type of tv cable like cable tv or dish tv even hd. Also with the hdmi port you can connect blue-ray player or ps3. This monitor only comes in 16:9 aspect ratio.

am still confused bro what to do.
I simply want to watch tv on a LED monitor. what about samsung px2370. is it monitor tv combo.?:?:

Usefull information bro. thats what i want .
do u know any other model of LED with 21-24 inch size of same functionality.:p

Last edited:

Gollum

Collector
Dude led monitor is nothing but an lcd monitor with led as a backlight instead of ccfl. Can you provide a direct link to the said monitor. I'm on phone so can't search for it myself.

mkumar

Broken In
Buy any model monitor but use external AverMedia tuner (Usb ver.) also avlbl costs around 1600/ or so, You can watch it n also recrod it, Has exceptional quality display out-put

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys, even I plan to buy an LCD Monitor which I would also like to use as a TV. Which model do I have to go for? I'm looking for 22 or 23". Currently tight on budget hence want to go for LCD Monitor instead of TV.

Top Bottom