Can any Comp. Language Learn by selfstudy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
yeah sure, i never had any academic coaching throughout my life.

But you do need good books to make it fun learning.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
I'd suggest you start out with Wrox Press' Beginning Guides .

They start from scratch and give you quite an in-depth coverage of a topic.

I would recommend them over Sam's Teach Yourself series anyday :)

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
I don't know which comp languages are you speaking exactly about. I learned Javascript, PHP and MySQL out of my need. I don't know how difficult are they in comparison to C#, C++, Java, etc but all I learnt while learning them is:
1. You cannot afford to first learn syntax theoretically and then practice them on a PC. You have to learn and practice simultaneously.

2. You cannot expect yourself to learn all functions at a time. You should keep referring to the books/tutorials whenever you need to learn something new.

3. It comes by practice. Even today, after developing my own online test-series system in PHP-MySQL, I sometimes make silly mistakes such as forgetting to put a semi-colon at end of statement in PHP or putting that * in SELECT * FROM query in PHP-MySQL.
(btw I am soon going to put it online and ask some members to test its functioning!)

4. Never say no to exploring. Exploring is the key to more knowledge. Though you may not discover/invent a new thing, you will surely teach yourself a new thing which someone already discovered/invented.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I don't know which comp languages are you speaking exactly about. I learned Javascript, PHP and MySQL out of my need. I don't know how difficult are they in comparison to C#, C++, Java, etc but all I learnt while learning them is:
1. You cannot afford to first learn syntax theoretically and then practice them on a PC. You have to learn and practice simultaneously.

2. You cannot expect yourself to learn all functions at a time. You should keep referring to the books/tutorials whenever you need to learn something new.

3. It comes by practice. Even today, after developing my own online test-series system in PHP-MySQL, I sometimes make silly mistakes such as forgetting to put a semi-colon at end of statement in PHP or putting that * in SELECT * FROM query in PHP-MySQL.
(btw I am soon going to put it online and ask some members to test its functioning!)

4. Never say no to exploring. Exploring is the key to more knowledge. Though you may not discover/invent a new thing, you will surely teach yourself a new thing which someone already discovered/invented.
yeah one thing is 4 sure that JAVA, javascript and JSP are kinda same breed, learn one and understand other 2 easily:D

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
yeah one thing is 4 sure that JAVA, javascript and JSP are kinda same breed, learn one and understand other 2 easily:D
I am not very sure about that as I have heard people say that JavaScript and Java are different for most of their parts. Never tried hands on Java though, but would like to do in near future.

Yeah, one thing I admit is that because I was used to PHP syntax, when I started learning C sometime ago(though not that similarly), it was easy for me to flow with it as syntax was very similar.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
If you can get Head First (O'Reilly) series of books for the language of your choice, then you are better off than with other books.

OP
digit i am thinking

digit i am thinking

Journeyman
well i am asking this becoz When i started learning lang myself i was very interested but soon got bored.
book lang is not always understandable.sometimes topic is expain in short.
also i forgot very quickly whatever i learn from book :(:(

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
well i am asking this becoz When i started learning lang myself i was very interested but soon got bored.
book lang is not always understandable.sometimes topic is expain in short.
also i forgot very quickly whatever i learn from book :(:(
You continue reading if the book is good.
You remember things when you practice.

pushkaraj

In the zone
Guys, i wanna learn c# is there any microsoft certification exam for c#
i searched the net but didnt get any proper results. Actually i want to learn some language like c# that can strengthen my programming skills(i know some amount of c and c++) and at the same time give me a certification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom