Camera talk...

sujoyp

Grand Master
Amlan its called moving with the wind..
I can see that ovf and grip in new mirrorless is lot better then those some yrs back ..it has evolved nicely..and now its time

Sent from my LG-G6 using Tapatalk

kaz

right here
Congratulations, heard amazing things about the new hyper stabilization. You'll need to post some videos here for all of us to see
Here you go, the stabilization is awesome. YouTube compression is too much, I tried different bitrates, but the video quality is still not as good as the original footage. For 1080p 60fps YouTube restricts the bitrate at 12Mbps and the original footage is 30Mbps.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@kaz stabilisation is really good...video has no jerks at all :)

I bought a CPL for my 35mm. I already had a CPL for my 17-50 but now that I use 35mm almost 90% time when not shooting birds or insects, I needed one.

raja manuel

In the zone
Fascinating article on why Kodak died while Fujifilm thrived. It has interesting lessons that could shape the MILC wars as well.
Why Kodak Died and Fujifilm Thrived: A Tale of Two Film Companies

CRACING

Journeyman
Hello Friends,

Posting after long time, though I have been watching this and photography thread regularly. I'm using same camera equipment's; haven't upgraded or bought new lenses.

One of my lens Nikon AF-S 35mm F1.8G had developed fungus inside rear element. One half centimeter and another of a mm dia and they kept increasing. First I checked with Nikon pickup center and they said the lens need to be sent to main service center and they will quote after checking the condition. It will take a week or two and if I refuse to repair then atleast I must pay for shipping cost.

Then I checked with 3rd party camera/lens repair center which is 38 years old. Shop owner is retired now so his son does the repair jobs. Both of them checked the lens and quoted around Rs. 700-800. They seemed reasonable and reliable so anyway handed over the lens yesterday and gave Rs 500 advance. Today I got the lens back and fungus is totally removed without any noticeable traces of repair. Lens works fine and I'm happy that my favorite lens has recovered from cancer!

I always keep active silica gel with my lenses and hydrometer to keep track of humidity. Still fungus developed in this lens for the second time (First was on front element and I cleaned it myself). All other three lenses and camera don't have any fungus.

BTW; I'm getting Nikon Trendy Cap from Nikon School website. If you have several Nikon cameras and lenses, register in Nikon School website and add your camera equipment's with serial no. You'll get reward points and exchange them for goodies. Cap costs 200 points, Shirt 700 and so on.

Thats it for now. :)

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
Hello Friends,

Posting after long time, though I have been watching this and photography thread regularly. I'm using same camera equipment's; haven't upgraded or bought new lenses.

One of my lens Nikon AF-S 35mm F1.8G had developed fungus inside rear element. One half centimeter and another of a mm dia and they kept increasing. First I checked with Nikon pickup center and they said the lens need to be sent to main service center and they will quote after checking the condition. It will take a week or two and if I refuse to repair then atleast I must pay for shipping cost.

Then I checked with 3rd party camera/lens repair center which is 38 years old. Shop owner is retired now so his son does the repair jobs. Both of them checked the lens and quoted around Rs. 700-800. They seemed reasonable and reliable so anyway handed over the lens yesterday and gave Rs 500 advance. Today I got the lens back and fungus is totally removed without any noticeable traces of repair. Lens works fine and I'm happy that my favorite lens has recovered from cancer!

I always keep active silica gel with my lenses and hydrometer to keep track of humidity. Still fungus developed in this lens for the second time (First was on front element and I cleaned it myself). All other three lenses and camera don't have any fungus.

Thats it for now. :)

Thanks...
Best Regards
Thats great..cost depends on amount of fungus..i took my 17-50 and they quoted 2k

CRACING

Journeyman
Thats great..cost depends on amount of fungus..i took my 17-50 and they quoted 2k

Yep and on which element its present. Its easy to remove and clean front and rear elements but inner ones are tricky.

Update: Today I got the Nikon Trendy Cap and its awesome. Design is different then shown in picture but still I like this yellow color accent and quality is also good.

Nikon_Trendy_Cap.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: nac

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Looks like now the mirrorless race will heat up

Nikon Z6 review: The best full-frame mirrorless camera for video

it'll be amazing to see how sony, panasonic and canon respond

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Vlogging camera sony bamboozles evryone, adds intervalometer, excites evryone, removes IBIS shocks everyone. Itna to SRK movie me nahi hota hai

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
It seems that people are more excited about the fact that the A7III is going to get intervalometer like the new camera. The eye autofocus for animals and the advanced Ai eye autofocus are also cool things to have. They have also improved how can you transfer to mobile and how the new app system works.

The flip lens is still not as cool as the nikon swivel lenses but it seems like its atleast some improvement. Not sure why sony does not just copy that screen design (might be patented)

kaz

right here
Some good discounts on camera lenses and tripods on Amazon and Flipkart
Tokina AT-X 116 PRO DX II AF 11 - 16 mm f/2.8 for Nikon Digital SLR Lens (Black, 52) @29k
Vanguard Aluminium Tripod Espod CX 203 AGH With PISTOL GRIP BALL HEAD @3.3k

raja manuel

In the zone
It shows the extent to which the casual shooters have been propping up the camera market. Serious shooters can soon expect to pay a lot more for their gear, or the manufacturers will have to settle for lower profits, with consequent slowdown in innovation, or find new ways to monetise.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
It shows the extent to which the casual shooters have been propping up the camera market. Serious shooters can soon expect to pay a lot more for their gear, or the manufacturers will have to settle for lower profits, with consequent slowdown in innovation, or find new ways to monetise.
This has also been evident in the price difference of starter to pro camera's and lenses. Expect this group to move to better mobile phones and pro level camera"s to get expensive

sujoyp

Grand Master
This has also been evident in the price difference of starter to pro camera's and lenses. Expect this group to move to better mobile phones and pro level camera"s to get expensive
Even i am begining to like the rx10v4 more then full frames...now that mobiles have already eaten up the p&s market in quality and features..i too feel i will not move to full frame unless some truly amazing technology comes up. Till then i am covered.

sujoyp

Grand Master
You mean this 1.3lakh camera & you actually own it,that's some serious money.
Sony RX10 IV Camera Launched in India With Improvements Over RX10 III
No Man I dont own it..I mean I am more interested in it then D850 or bigger sensor DSLRs.
Maybe if I get something next it will be something like RX10MK4

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Also explains the trend that a lot more if the serious features are moving to mobile, face detect, raw files, timelapse, hyperlapse so most point and shoot camera's don't stand a chance anyhow. It becomes a case where only the most finicky users will move up to a full frame or APSC type setup and the others will have those features in their phones at all times

Top Bottom