Camera talk...

Cyanide

Broken In
Re: Learn photography with me

offtopic (Sorry!) : Neck strap vs hand strap
Since my hand is a bit unstable, I'm planning to buy hand strap to get better support while clicking pics.

What do you guys use/prefer? (neck or hand strap)

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Anybody read articles in this website- Digital Camera News, Reviews, Tips and Techniques | Digital Camera World

loved the site..soo many thing to read..and its opening in my office :D yey. ;)
I've come across the site before but not keenly following.

- - - Updated - - -

offtopic (Sorry!) : Neck strap vs hand strap
Since my hand is a bit unstable, I'm planning to buy hand strap to get better support while clicking pics.

What do you guys use/prefer? (neck or hand strap)
I would prefer neck strap if I am using heavy camera something like DSLR. Since my compact doesn't have a provision to put neck strap, I am using wrist strap (aka thread). I am not sure if it's used to increase stability when you release shutter but to keep your camera safe from accidental fall from your hands.

sujoyp

Grand Master
you guys wont belive but I use the neck strap as hand strap for safety...just tie the neck strap around hand...DSLR are soo heavy that you cant hang around a 1-1.2KG camera around neck and move
I use it around neck very rarely...at the time of shooting i tie it around hand tightly so it dont fall off accidently.

I am really not sure if hand strap may help dSlR...maybe a battery pack can help more as it will give weight and grip both vertical and horizontal

I use a quick strap and they are significantly better than neck or hand straps.

PS; does anyone has experience of using quick strap along with a backpack?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

I prefer neck strap. Hand strap will also work provided you use it so that if camera slips out of your hand it's safe.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer

Hand strap, allows more flexibility in movement. Wrap it around your wrist multiple times so that even if you let go the cam stays safe. May not help with stability but its a great safety measure.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Was expecting some compacts announcement/leaks ahead of CES, but so far I see DSLRs more...

sujoyp

Grand Master
wow phase one with 100MP sensor for 49k dollers ...gosh!

I cant find other news on dpreview...are they announced or rumor

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I cant find other news on dpreview...are they announced or rumor
Nikon NZ teased D5 on it's fb page, not it's removed. Other two are rumour, but Panasonic seems to be real. We will know soon whether they are rumour or real.

can you post a pic...whats quick strap

*www.khalia.de/bilder/produkte/gross/Quick-Strap-Single-fuer-1-Kamera-Velo.png

Buy Focus F-1 Anti-Slip Quick Rapid Shoulder Sling Belt Neck Strap For Camera Slr Dslr Black Online at Low Price in India | Focus Camera Reviews & Ratings - Amazon.in

sujoyp

Grand Master
quick strap looks good and have a large padding...but still its ok for cam+lens under 1kg...anything more and its better to carry in hand.
Also while trekking I felt that the cam swings too much left and right when put around neck..not feasible practically...sling bag is much useful in that case

- - - Updated - - -

Fun fact -
yesterday was checking which is my most famous pic on flickr...sorted by view and got shock of the lifetime..this monkey pic have got 5644 views...none of the other pic even crossed 1000 ..even that red rose locket pic got 777 views (3rd highest)..but 5k+ :hyper:

*farm7.staticflickr.com/6123/6001344309_3e0d89bfd6_b.jpgmonkey 3 by Sujoy Packrasy, on Flickr

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
yesterday was checking which is my most famous pic on flickr...sorted by view and got shock of the lifetime..this monkey pic have got 5644 views...none of the other pic even crossed 1000 ..even that red rose locket pic got 777 views (3rd highest)..but 5k+ :hyper:
He's cute... By the way, this is the first time I am seeing this image. Checked it in flickr (count 5645 :) ) and learned that it's pre nac image. :)
You used 55-200 lens @ 201.6mm, that's a fun fact :p

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Finally D500 is here. Spec sheet is impressive, Nikon too brought 4k. Nice move.

Unimpressive compacts announcement from Canon. 1" compact from Panasonic, action camera from Nikon, new AF-P lens from Nikon and some more...
Does Nikon wants all the focus on it's flagship FX/DX cameras and not announcing compacts?
What happened to others? Fuji, Sony, Samsung...

Top Bottom